Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clean up on thread 19520!! Bring a mop!

Hilarious! Thanks for the Belly laugh, Frun.

And WHAT a lid, Tommy!!

Moe the Stetson ended up looking like a nice semi calado. Nice upgrade!!

Rudolfo there's just something powerful about a classic gray hat, and that one has it!

Last edited:
Well, I was wearing my Milan, but now that I'm home, I was greeted at the door by a wagging tail. OK, been waiting on this since I fished it out of the Bay Saturday morning. Another "been listed for an hour and nobody else must've seen it yet" purchases. A BIN at a great price:

IMG_0863.JPG IMG_0866.JPG IMG_0875.JPG

As Oddball said, "Woof! woof!"

More photos in At The Dog Track.

Last edited:
It weighs next to nothing. Very malleable and soft. This is everything folks like Moon, Alan, Tommy and the other seasoned hat guys talk about. I've got a couple Stetsons from the 50s, but this is older and it's blown me away.

As an aside, it came from Carbondale PA, via Philadelphia. I like the idea it visited it's birthplace just before getting to me.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
TY Bob, fruno, and tommyk. I don't wear this one often just because of that lousy band. I think that will change. It also has a few cracked straws that stick out, I found this stuff called Tear Mender that is a kind of rubbery glue that actually works good for sticking them back in place and dries clear so it's not so noticable. Makes it more comfortable when those straws are on the inside and are prickly on the scalp.

Chamuco, that color looks nice on you.
tommy, that Shudde refurb is sweet.
fruno, you must have been a good boy to get a treat like that! A good, good boy! :D

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Oh, and I know what you mean about the vintage felt. After redoing my 50's Mallory, and being in the middle of re-refurbing my even older Young's, there's just no comparing new felt to the good older stuff.

Great Cab, Harv!

Way killer Whippet Frunobulax!! Congrats on that score!

Amazing 7x TommyK! Looks great.

Excellent color for that Stetson, Chamuco. A classic look, I really like it.

Great looking vent pattern on that Stetson, Moehawk. Really cool.

Killer cap and even more killer frames JOB! Shurons are the real deal. I love the fade.

Looks good all around, O.G.

Also a very 'cool' looking lid Bob Roberts. Perfect summertime shade.

Very sharp look guitarmasta12!

Also a beautiful milan, Fruno.

Charlie you are the picture of perfection! VS = very sporty

The dark and light dualist is a great start to the day, DJH. I like it!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Looks good all around, O.G.

Also a very 'cool' looking lid Bob Roberts. Perfect summertime shade.

Very sharp look guitarmasta12!

Also a beautiful milan, Fruno.

Charlie you are the picture of perfection! VS = very sporty

The dark and light dualist is a great start to the day, DJH. I like it!

Thx. Is that the Dobbs that was a little roomy? What model is it? I'm guessing a "Rosebud" in cognac. Or is it brown? Looks very nice. If the sweat is similar to mine it will snug up a bit.

g.durand

One Too Many
Nice lookin' lids today, fellas.

I like the Cavanagh, Harv. It's a make I still don't have.
Congrats on the new Milan, Dale.

Yesterday's high temp inspired today's choice.

The Ol' John B. 100
IMG_6516_zps7jevimxu.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Nice lookin' lids today, fellas.

I like the Cavanagh, Harv. It's a make I still don't have.
Congrats on the new Milan, Dale.

Yesterday's high temp inspired today's choice.

The Ol' John B. 100
IMG_6516_zps7jevimxu.jpg

no words... just shaking my head with my eyebrows lowered and blowing as if I was blowing out candles... the way I do when I see a voluptuous woman in yoga pants

(admit it you just tried it)

tommyK

One Too Many
tommy--I remember that's a Shudde Bros. branded hat. Did you send it back to them for a refurb? Neil Shudde is still doing the work and the place isn't far from my family home in Houston. It's a beauty.

Yes, it's a Shudde refurb (although not by me) but has the Stetson logos on the liner and what must be a new sweatband. It's the slickest shiny leather I've ever felt in a sweatband. Doesn't seem to absorb sweat so good for the 90+ weather.

Fruno, that is one sweet Whippet! I hope someday to land a color just like it

tommyK

One Too Many
no words... just shaking my head with my eyebrows lowered and blowing as if I was blowing out candles... the way I do when I see a voluptuous woman in yoga pants

+1 on the 100, takes your breath away. That hat with the fancy case is a grail hat for me

g.durand

One Too Many

That just about sums it up, moon. :D

+1 on the 100, takes your breath away. That hat with the fancy case is a grail hat for me

I don't have the case, but I'm keeping my eyes open for a good one with the plastic holder. Those don't show up too often.

Dang that's a beautiful 100, g.durand.

Thanks, Moe.

I'm afraid to take this one out of the box much because, well, you all know how easily these light-colored hats can pick up a stain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe