Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday...
A big Stagecoach to begin
20150721.jpg

After lunch this navy blue Billy the Kidd Stetson
20150721b.jpg

Thanks again for all the props on my CD yesterday. As advertised, it is tightening up. I normally take a good healthy walk around lunchtime, and yesterday was no exception. With it sunny and the temps in the low 80s, I think that walk did a lot to break the hat in. I've taken on a task over the summer with my job that has me at the Air Force Base some of the days of the week, and the Base affords much in the way of walking opportunities. I was just careful to stop and mop the sweat a few times during my walk.

Today brings much cooler temps, as it is in the 50s this morning, and shouldn't get much past 80 today. This affords me the opportunity to once again wear my new acquisition, and I will break it in with my noon "constitutional" again today. Tomorrow brings travel, and as I'm travelling to Marietta to talk airplanes with some folks, I'm trying to decide what hat will bring me the most comfort on my trip. S4C, I promise to wave when the plane flies over Lawrenceville.

IMG_0821.JPG

This one's for Moon:

IMG_0823.JPG

Yeah...NO.

Great way to start the day!

Mike that's a nice hat for court. Will you be entering the Witness Protection Program? I hope not; you and your hats would miss us, and vice versa.

Joao that BTK ribbon is sweet. Both nice lids!

Mark That's such a perfect hat...

You actually could wear that bad boy either way, respectably, Fruno! SUPER hat!!

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
I'm liking the summer hat parade of the last few days! Straws, light felts. Joao, I like the picture with the graffiti background! Looks like it's from a magazine article on the American Southwest!

Here is a breezy-cool 8-dart summer cap from Barry. Mesh-lined, cotton sweatband.

36e4880a566aa710a6e589b0e7f4d060.jpg

e21eea7eb64122fc7bb0d3d511e9f309.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it's hot, HOT, HOT to my thinking around here. Hauled out the first Panama I ever bought, a fino fino from PHD, rehabbed by Art Fawcett. Brim is just under 3". Shirt is vintage from circa 1968-9 and is pure, 100% virgin Polyester. Polyester was my favorite designer...
IMG_7867a.jpg IMG_7866.jpg IMG_7869a.jpg

foamy

A-List Customer
Well it's hot, HOT, HOT to my thinking around here. Hauled out the first Panama I ever bought, a fino fino from PHD, rehabbed by Art Fawcett. Brim is just under 3". Shirt is vintage from circa 1968-9 and is pure, 100% virgin Polyester. Polyester was my favorite designer...
View attachment 32765 View attachment 32766 View attachment 32767
Heck of a lid! I like it bunches. Nice shirt as well—Didn't Poly Ester pass away last year?

Had to put this up again, that is priceless.

When's the next lodge meeting, boys? Maybe more of us could attend (I'd love to!!)

Most dapper OR this morning, and a perky smile, Perry!

Greg isn't that a vintage material Barry used on that beaut? SUPER lid!

Last edited:

javadave61

Practically Family
Cooler temps this morning. Enjoying the Premiere felt Stetson. I'm rolling with the urban legend that this was a prized Deckard prototype, of which there is only one in the world. :)

2015-07-22 06.39.49.jpg 2015-07-22 06.40.01.jpg

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I'll try again. Stetson Whippet. Recent production. "Tawny." Sovereign quality. Indoor and natural light. Same hat.
a6a77937cbbcd6ef89a8f8b008e208ce.jpg
ebcf18517a14d9700585e744ec1187e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe