Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
David, Fruno, alan, Bob, Trev, Nice display of hats, guys. As usual, all of you look great.

Thunderstorms are beginning to roll into Central Ohio. I was able to get a few pics of my Stagecoach Indy conversion earlier before they started coming through.

Indy_03_RC.jpg

Indy_Hat_01.jpg

Indy_Hat_02.jpg

T ... love that Resistol my FRiend!!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Moe!
T Jones I believe the OR is 50"s

Might be worth pulling the trigger for if it's in good condition. I'd love to get my hands on a '50s vintage Strat or an OR. It's just not in the cards for me right now. The 2 3/4 brim would be a nice width for an OR, at least that's the width I would prefer.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys!

Alan - good news that The Modern is your customer. Do they sell your cards in the gift shop or use them in their marketing mailings?

GD - there are certainly some interesting pieces there, although I'm not someone that is totally tuned into a lot of the works. We are fortunate to have some excellent museums here.

g.durand

One Too Many
David, most minimalist art like the Ellsworth Kelly piece or the light sculpture by Dan Flavin don't much appeal to me, but Anselm Kiefer's paintings are phenomenal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!
Nice hats everyone. TJones, your Stagecoach conversions are always nice to see.
All the talk of OR's made me give my latest selfmade a break and put on my late 60's model. Trevi, you won't regret getting one if it's as nice and lightweight as mine. It was hot and muggy by Ca coastal standards today, and it was the best choice of my felts. Still sweated a lot but looed good doing it...[emoji41]
622bb075e4409de0b691be3ef79ebd47.jpg

Have a great evening!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!
All the talk of OR's made me give my latest selfmade a break and put on my late 60's model. Trevi, you won't regret getting one if it's as nice and lightweight as mine. It was hot and muggy by Ca coastal standards today, and it was the best choice of my felts. Still sweated a lot but looed good doing it...[emoji41]

Have a great evening!
Thanks Moe. Nice OR.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David, most minimalist art like the Ellsworth Kelly piece or the light sculpture by Dan Flavin don't much appeal to me, but Anselm Kiefer's paintings are phenomenal.

Kiefer's Aschenblume was the first thing we saw when we got to the museum and was by far the most impressive exhibit. There are a couple of other examples of his work there as well. One is a sculpture that would fit in with the Wings of the City by Jorge Marin exhibit that is current on display in downtown Ft Worth.

The other highlight was an exhibit of photos covering Ulay and Abramovic's walk on the Great Wall of China. We took our daughter to see Marina Abramovic at MOMA a few years ago and we are all fascinated by some of the crazy stuff she has done over the years.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
You fellows, by your pics in this thread lead interesting lives and visit interesting places. It is fun to tune in and see your hats "tripping around." I googled the artists mentioned in the above discussions and am impressed at some of the artisans work. I imagine they would be highlighted in the beautiful spaces that art galleries give them, as well depicted by Davids pics this weekend.

I have been enjoying sitting by the lake. I have a small fire nearby which has burned to coals and is finally giving the last faint flickers of red in the waning evening light. My "genuine Milan" has been my evening hat. The milan hats are summer favorites of mine.

i-rqBsvSF-M.jpg

i-HpTxzfb-M.jpg

Enjoying the last of Sunday, Eric -

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
Hey everyone!

Have a great evening!

Thanks Moe! I think I'm getting it... It's in like new condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe