Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Wearing my remade Akubra today...maybe I'll call it the "moehawk river" model...☺
64c67a3210fdfd3228bf787c8ff0cdc9.jpg

Have a great day, everyone!

javadave61

Practically Family
Nice hats everyone. Especially love that gray Strat, Roger.

Church, Home Depot, Mexican food, Sams Club... activities worthy of my Premiere Stetson "Whippety" prototype outlet special.

cc0aa13de5deea883367a097702a133e.jpg

...by the way... have you seen my grill ?

:)
Grill?

Grills_zpsvbd0kkhd.jpg

:D

Chamuco, the OR is/was silverbelly, but has been "kissed" by the sun over the last 50 years or so. It is now a uniform silvery grey, but when I took it apart the inside of the crown and under the ribbon have that distinctive tan with pinkish undertones that the silverbelly is known for. I tried pouncing off the surface to get to the original color, but it went deep and the felt is thin and lightweight so I just decided to enjoy it as is.:)
Excellent decision. That hat has earned it's "stripes", wear it and enjoy it! :thumb:

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
you wear a boater so well

props my man

Thank you, moon. Have you gotten a boater for yourself yet? I didn't think I'd like them for the longest time, but I really enjoy wearing them now. A perfect summer hat! :thumb:

A&A, I want to issue you a challenge to find a hat that you DON'T look good in. I'm betting you won't find one. You were born to wear a hat, my friend. I sometimes think, "my hat looks great" more than I think "I look great in this hat." Hat and head combination is an art, and I believe you've mastered it.

Wow, jd. Those are incredibly kind words. :yo: I am honored by the compliments. It's taken me a while to find the right hats that have become staples in my wardrobe. Patience really is a virtue in this case. I also try to use simple backdrops and good lighting that help to capture the character of each hat.

I guess I'll have to keep up my game if I'm to meet your high standards and expectations. :) I will certainly enjoy it. :thumb:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good evening folks. The last couple of days I enjoyed a backpacking trip in northern Minnesota, a visit to Split Rock Lighthouse (North Shore of Lake Superior) and a visit to the Glensheen (former Congdon family house) mansion in Duluth. Backpacking on the rougher section of the Superior Trail meant I could take a cap-no hat this trip. I brought my new Cordova Cap and a ball cap for those "other moments."

i-SP4TWfM-S.jpg
i-vBjRDqc-S.jpg

Rain and insects meant wearing a ball cap and gortex parka for a time.
i-xfk9WHn-S.jpg

Visiting the scenic lighthouse at Split Rock was enjoyable.
i-pFxKwQk-S.jpg
i-RPtdJ9Q-S.jpg

The Glensheen Mansion was a trip back in time when the lumber barrens ruled northern Minnesota.
i-gtcwDB8-S.jpg
i-59LV72J-S.jpg

i-qPk38hL-S.jpg
i-65GPncS-S.jpg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
continued.......

i-Vd8z7mb-S.jpg
i-F5nFtM4-S.jpg

i-JjCZp6b-S.jpg
i-mFrHChP-S.jpg

i-Bp5D3z6-S.jpg
i-BpKMSgQ-S.jpg

i-3XggXbj-S.jpg

Enjoyable trip. My new Cordova Cap was a dynamite cap for this outing. We left the picturesque port on Lake Superior of Duluth, MN with reluctance this afternoon.

i-T2wTB5v-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
Lightweight wool 8-panel from Johnny today. Sorry I haven't caught up with the weekend's offerings. I've been out bike riding all weekend! Back to work today...

d791413c0a2bdc63f5198f2ead06eda5.jpg

080c733414d91e0f208c6c714d5d4261.jpg

8a7e064b4d6c647afabecf4b6f58484a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday, the now rare appearance of Mr. Blue Sky had me running errands in my Panama Bob Kickstarter Special

Image4.jpg

Today, Blue Monday, blue hat. D'Aquino Mk I

Image2.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe