Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a chilly wind from the north, I picked out a hat from the east (Phila) made from fur from the south that was sold in the west (Walla Walla). From the days when one X marked the spot.

060115_1.jpg

060115_2.jpg

Alanfgag you have the best hats, always good to see them and you wear them well

Indeed! And today Alan is both ABOVE the fray while under The Fray!

I'm stuck under my Black Sheep "Watcher," or whatever the model name is. Pecan beaver fur felt, tall crown, stingy brim. Always a favorite!
IMG_7146.jpg

ingineer

One Too Many
Alan Love your eclectic taste
HatsRme That hat suits you well
Warrego again for me 105mm makes a great umbrella

Last edited:
Thank you for the appreciation of the 1X Nutria. When I purchased this from eBay, I had a little correspondence with the seller who didn't know much about the hat but thought it might be vintage. I was hoping the condition was that good and it was. It's reaching the end of its first century.

Mantis

Familiar Face
I needed a warm cap because I stocked the freezers at work today. I decided to go with my Herringbone tweed Hanna Newsboy and it did the job.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good afternoon Loungers. Today I am doing paperwork from home. Computer time, webinar, hike and lunch by the lake have been the luxury of the day at home. A vtg. Portis Dixie in light weight felt has been the perfect fedora companion. The light weight felt works like a charm in todays "warm" 65'F sun. Today was the last surviving day for the onion skin tip, inside the crown of the hat. The hat is not for the worse, but the liner only lasted 60+ years. Man I wear shoes that old. ;)

i-HvTcmRL-M.jpg

Eric -

Last edited:

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Very sharp. I find boaters a pleasure to wear and the variation of weave makes hunting them an interesting pastime. But let's keep that under our hat or the bargain prices may rise. ;^)

I agree. My Cavanagh and the new Knox both have a similar weave. However, the Knox straw is a little smaller, so the weave is a little tighter. I'm getting the bug for more. :)

They were both affordable finds, but I'm noticing that more and more boaters are creeping up in price. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey all!
Wearing my green Indy again, after fixing the pinch to make it a bit closer to the original. I must have spent too much time in the "Temple of Doob" if you know what I mean. Common malady when one lives in the Emerald Triangle...[emoji41]
6a7de1b57f0c93597436001703cd756a.jpg

ded4ef065247f546be404ea2f0eaa47a.jpg

7bbd29f0a015d8be961f0e4a0e0100d9.jpg

833f196c8a747ece20345085185a3730.jpg

79a86c11f2cca46693c4781bede3f0b3.jpg

New (to me) stingy from the now defunct Paragon Hat Shop in Cincinnati.

A-n-A you're a natural in the boater! Looks great.

Great hats lately.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I just completed some weeding around our bush roses, or was it an excuse to wear my vtg. Champ Featherweight? Either way, both have been completed successfully. I can check those items off my early June list. Who is the champ - we both are!

i-g8sx87t-M.jpg

i-ZrzNjZK-M.jpg

Enjoying the June evening, Eric -

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, I am glad that one is getting a lot of head time. It's awesome.
Thank you. I'm trying to find if sweat and oil hair gets to the felt. Seems not.

With a chilly wind from the north, I picked out a hat from the east (Phila) made from fur from the south that was sold in the west (Walla Walla). From the days when one X marked the spot.
Amazing Alan!

Warrego again for me 105mm makes a great umbrella
If it gets soaked it will be very very heavy. I like it.

Great umbrella Richard, Joao will be jealous.
Yes,you'll have Joao's attention!
Am I this predictable? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe