Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Mystic, that's a good point, natural hat wearers. This thread has 'em! That was one aspect I was very attuned to when first wearing hats - did other hat wearers look sheepish and self-conscious? Did they look like they were playing dress-up in their father's hat??

When I found this thread, I was pleasantly amazed. The most natural looking hat wearers I'd ever seen outside a old-movie festival! You guys inspired me with your confidence and style, and I'll never forget it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice selections over the past few days!

NW Hats today

43d5a82ab0796e5c0b800e958f73bd3a.jpg

That NW looks great, Harv! A real classic. Thanks for the compliment on the tie.

Great Fed, Javadave. I really like the brim width on those.

Good looking French stingy, Daniele.

Nice one, Case. I like the brim roll going on there.

I'm green with envy of the hat, Charlie, but not all that white stuff.

Always a class act, Bruno.

Perfect looking Adam, Perry. Great color and shape.

Killer cap, Greg! You rock the look! Thanks for the compliment.

B-man that Dobbs Milan rocks. I really like it. Straw weather is here to stay a while at my house.

Another great straw, Frunobulax!

Sweet Knox, S-4-C! May the 4th be with you, too.

Great way to kick off the work week guys!

tommyK

One Too Many
Mayser-very cool and unique color and ribbon treatment. The variety of hats you have is staggering.
Moon-I've got a Brewster too and wear it a lot in the summer. Not ready to give up the felts yet.
Harv-Wow! That Northwest is a stunner in the sunlight (it's a stunner anyway but the sunlight really brings out the warm colors).
Java-the Fed is always classy, always a solid choice
Daniele-Never ending variety with you as well. I don't know if we've seen the same one twice! Always great quality European makes
Case-the Camp Draft is a great warm weather selection (I think You've inspired me. I'll wear mine tomorrow)
hRme-That M&K is classic perfection! I don't mind the cool weather hanging on as long as it's not still snowing!
Miami-That Bellamy is yet another hat I covet! More classic perfection
Hato-Love the Adam. I really like the pairing with the red tie and stripes
Greg-always classy and I really dig those speckled woolly tweady fabrics
Bowler-Love the WAR stingy Dobbs. Nice warm weather option
Fruno-I dig the Milan Strat. Looks great! I may have to look into one of those
S4C-The Knox Fifteen is vintage royalty. Very jealous

e27b93fe-d919-42bf-81e4-1bcff7ce8298_zpsbo6kbv7g.jpg 5e4394de-59c6-46c4-a1f3-45e29709816d_zpse9hwhkrj.jpg
Been wearing my new Borsalino Alessandria a lot lately. It's going to be a "go to" summer hat for me

77d25ad8-157f-41e3-adf5-9d2ca4de70a2_zpspduefinu.jpg
In sunlight it's more baby blue, in shadow more grey

Tommy, Thanks! Your Borsalino Alessandria is great. Borsalinos are my go to warm weather hats (not a straw fan).

Perry, Thanks! Fantastic Adam + clothing combo! Really like the contrasting binding!

+1 to Tommy's list (a long one)! As usual all great hats and caps!

Beauty of a Borsalino, TommyK.
True story - I was checking out the afternoon display of hats on my phone. My son, who is four, sits down by me and says "who is that guy, Daddy?" I said that's Tommy, a guy I know on the computer.. He says "I know who that is. That's Superman when he's a human being!"

Steve - that Echter is a real beauty, too. Great color and the band is too cool.

Moontheloon I really like that Stetson. The thin leather trim is classic. How big is the brim on that one? Looks bigger than a stingy, but not too big.

tommyK

One Too Many
Thanks for the kind words Rick, Mayser, Hatophile and dh66.

Rick it's a new one I got recently from Bencraft. I checked out a couple of colors and went with the lightest. Going to wear this and my Akubra's a lot this summer. Gonna go easy on my vintage hats, I worry about ruining the sweatbands. Like Mayser I prefer felt hats and only roll out the straw hats for the hottest days in July and August.

dh66, that story is too cute! Must be the glasses?

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Thanks for the kind words on the hat/attire. A natural hat wearer? Wow. That is the nicest compliment I've had in a long time, Mystic. I could say the same about you and your wonderful cadre of hats.

1Mach1 - Awesome hat.

TommyK - You simply can not beat a Borsalino. Amazing hats.

Mayser, hatsRme, EVERYONE... Looking awfully good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe