Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Could not help it so it's the same as yesterday. ;)
20150420.jpg

20150420b.jpg

frussell

One Too Many
Decades ago, I took a hat my grandfather had given me to get reblocked by Gary. He got excited when he examined it, and said he thought it might have been some of his work, when he worked the line at American Hat Co., and offered to buy it from me. I had to say no, as it was a gift from my all-time favorite man, but it was still a pretty cool conversation. I still have the hat, and had it converted to a fedora years ago, since the original upsizing ate up a lot of the brim. It's in need of an overhaul, maybe I'll have Art put a new ribbon on it. I bought my first good cowboy hats from Gary, and lived within walking distance of his store for many years. He's one of the good guys for sure. Frank

It's on my itinerary later this week. The owner is the grandson of the founder of the old American Hat Company.

http://thehatstore.com/history.html

Nice looking hat, trevino.

Good looking hats all around today, gents.

Stetson Playboy, the one with the rose fade ribbon. This may be my most perfect hat.
IMG_5789_zps4yzmeh42.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Another old Frenchie who will soon go to rest in the hot and humid Italian summer.
2v17od4.jpg

It is a "Super" probably made in the forties. The inner label is difficult to read and sweatband too dry and brittle to see any paper label.
30k8w9y.jpg

Felt is mixed and almost probably wool. Very malleable and also almost too hot for the period.
15z09vq.jpg

It takes a bit of sun before hibernation

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Breaking in my new brown Caxton. Not sure if I'll keep the teardrop I steamed into it or go back to the center dent. Both hats were a very generous 7 1/8, so the wider sides created by the teardrop make them fit even larger.

1a46e99bb081857b4a9c991d23a5cfc3.jpg

98d67db3fb0a754c26336fefed38f762.jpg

Lovely lot of lids, lately, lads!

Moehawk you have definitely ARRIVED; fabulous work, looks fantastic!

Daniele that Frenchie will be sad all summer to be locked away. Great lid!

Joao, some days are "two-hat days"... THAT is (at least) a "TWO-DAY hat!"

Mark your new Caxston is amazing in (or at) any bash!

Perry; you continue to OUTDO yourself, man! What a wicked wonderful Whippet! What is the brim treatment, as it appears either bound or welted...? And that great shirt deserves it's own thread.

Killin' the caps again, Greg!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning fellows.

Snow flurries and cold wind have me working to stay warm. I wore my vtg. Stetson Viscount (carmel colored felt) this morning. It is a "noble" back bowed vtg. fedora.

i-4XqKMKq-M.jpg

i-VHHVQNG-S.jpg
i-fs46XrP-S.jpg

Working on my courtly attitude this morning, Eric -

Well, then, keeping in the evergreen venue of the northern hemisphere (in the style of my friend Eric, above) I went to the local pines on our property. I also needed a little more warmth and rain protection myself, so here is my Lee Gold Label. Again.
IMG_6319.jpg IMG_6324.jpg IMG_6326.jpg IMG_6343.jpg

Sam, looks like you took your hat off - and the barber got you. Nice clean look, sir! Your Elosigui is still my favorite beret.

Last edited:

tommyK

One Too Many
Eric, Love the "Viscount" another seldom seen model.
Charlie, that Lee GL is my favorite hat of yours. I want one just like it!
Case, That is a proper Beret! Paired perfectly with those sunglasses.
Joao, as I said before-any day and everyday is a good day for the Tom Mix
Daniele-The Super Frenchie is just that "Super". Has a Playboy-ish look to it
Perry-What can I say? I like your hat so much I got one just like it!
S4C- glad to see the Caxton's making it into the rotation. Teardrop or centerdent, looks good either way
Greg-Absolute classic cap! Always dapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe