Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I totally agree. Joao, you have some great ones!
The clear one rocks Joao...
I love the ribbon work on Joao's silverbelly hat today
Thank you all. The ribbon on those Stagecoaches were the reason to add them to my collection. I don't see this kind of ribbon anymore.

Greg, Sam, Joao, David, Eric, tommyK, Charlie, Harv, Chamuco, beautiful offerings today, guys.
From my part, thank you!

Today (well it's 9AM so the correct is yesterday) this brown Stetson with two tone ribbon.
20150310.jpg

javadave61

Practically Family
I look forward to the day I have more than three Bailey fedoras to rotate through (thanks to my local flea market).

Here's my "John Malkovich" inspired Bailey of Hollywood fur felt fedora with an inspiring hot pink liner. (I wonder how THAT idea got discontinued and sent to a flea market wholesaler?)

1658488_10206320541354010_4014134430863301133_o.jpg

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Lots of mighty fine hats being posted recently.
You are ALL enablers of the worst kind, showing these wonderful lids.

No hats for me that last couple of days. Bronchitis set me down hard.
Dragging myself to the office this morning, but no pic since I don't want to scare anyone. :)

javadave61

Practically Family
Looking good javadave! The bailey looks nice on you. How's the felt on those?
I think you would look great in a thin ribbon. Just sayin'. :p

The felt is very nice. Very pliable and soft. It's appears to be one of the higher end Baileys. My other Bailey with this same quality of felt has a thinner ribbon. The original ribbon on this was a wild and crazy contraption (i.e. Malkovich style), so I had this extra black ribbon from an old, cheap hat to replace it with. I've been studying the "face shape" charts trying to get a handle on ribbon size, amount of taper, etc. that would look good with my face. I feel like I need to become an educated consumer before I go out and put real money down on a hat. I'm using these Baileys to shape, reshape, and experiment with until I find "my look."

So do you think the thin ribbon is a match for my face type? Or do you think it would just look good with this hat?

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Hato - Nice hat. I think you need a cigar and a horse with that one.

Java – Nice Bailey. Would love to see the hot pink liner. That IS rare. By the way, I have hated the Cowboys since they summarily dismissed Landry. Not that I’m a Cowboy fan, but you had to respect the man. Not so much with this group or any since.

David – I’ve always loved that hat on you. Looks awesome. Love the ribbon.

Strapped – Get well, my friend. Spring is on the way (or so they tell me).

My 40's Marathon.

Photo on 3-11-15 at 9.36 AM.jpg

Photo on 3-11-15 at 9.36 AM #2.jpg

javadave61

Practically Family
Java – Nice Bailey. Would love to see the hot pink liner. That IS rare. By the way, I have hated the Cowboys since they summarily dismissed Landry. Not that I’m a Cowboy fan, but you had to respect the man. Not so much with this group or any since.

Being that I was born and raised in Dallas, I can safely say "I was born this way." Cowboys fandom is in my DNA. But Landry, Staubach, Dorsett, D. Pearson, R. White, H. Martin, etc. Those are the real Cowboys.

And here's a pic of that hot pink liner.

2015-03-11 11.23.34-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken