Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again textbook cool G.D., with the Open Road and denim jacket. The diamond crease is great, and I'm generally a cattleman crease man with the ORs.

TommyK you rock the brim up look. Very nice Royal Stetson.

Classic looking Borsalino DJH. Congrats on the relocation.

Good one Beardog.

Glad you could bring it back to life, Javadave61. Looks good.

g.durand

One Too Many
Dale, Harv, thanks guys.

Dale, I recently hired a guy to work for me. I didn't know until after the first day on the job that he was both into hats and that he had been a working cowboy on ranches in the intermountain West after he finished high school and before going into his current profession. On his second day of work he showed up wearing and Open Road with a snap-down brim and a center-dent. I had a Lee Corral that did not fit me well and our heads are about the same size, so I gave him the Lee. He wore it a couple of times in the diamond crease I had given it. Then last week I noticed it in his office and it had a cattleman's crease. He said the hat just wanted to be creased that way, and that every hat will tell you what crease it "wants".

I tend to agree.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
With some minor tweaking that would almost look like the hat Clint Eastwood wore in the movie, "Josey Wales"
Maybe, but I want to keep it as it is. :)

Joao.......great hats also, and they look great!...I think T has definitely found the brother.....Clint doesn't wear it as well though............;)
Triple-d, I agree. Joao wears it better. And that's saying something right there!
ah ah. :)

This is my Stetson Woodstock, a hat I bought back 25 years ago when I graduated high school. I was looking for that "Indy" look and this was as close as I could find in a western shop in Dallas. I dug it out a while back and in figuring out how to get it back into shape, I found this website, and now it's costing me dearly with new hats! So this is a sentimental favorite.
Nice story and hat.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Today the Akubra Sombrero again. Sorry for the bad picture...
20150222.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Just tuning in to the fedora and cap show while waiting for a flight back to Minneapolis/St.Paul, Mn this evening. I hope you can hear my clapping in appreciation of the excellent show. Cheers fellows! I see that I heading back to well below zero. I am traveling with my Cordova Caps under a down jacket and hood. Not much of me shows in the freezing cold weather, therefore no pic this evening.

Thanks to all for the pics. Well done. Best, Eric -

WOW-zAH! Love those WARs, Perry. Great photo today!

The Black Cherry is sweet, David!

Looking spiffy as ever. Joao!

Mr. Durand you have done it again! A new perspective on that lid!!

Jlee black lids just look spectacular on you, my friend! I like the photo today, Jared.

Looking finely fuzzy for the frost, Hatguy!

Last edited:

Miamibruno

One Too Many
David, Gorgeous color. Love it.

Hatguy, that is the kind of hat I’ve been wearing all week. This white stuff has got to go.

Hato, Those Stetsonians are great. And it looks great on you.

My first day back at work in almost 2 weeks. Wearing my Marathon, which is what the last two weeks felt like.

Photo on 2-23-15 at 8.59 AM.jpg

Photo on 2-23-15 at 8.59 AM #2.jpg

Photo on 2-23-15 at 9.00 AM.jpg

Javadave61 I have yet to welcome you... WELCOME, sir! You have hit the ground running around here; terrific take off with some GREAT lids! Enjoy the journey.

MiamiB what a BEAUTIFUL Marathon, man!! Full, straight crown, with all the fixin's. Drool!!!! The perfect tie, too. Hope you're dug out.

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
Stellar hats, everyone! Continuing the cap + parka-hood marathon today. Custom from Barry out of a light tweed that I sent him.

f81558b2fb27d1c408bb722913df3949.jpg

4297c106fd97e48c7c33c6f559521c88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82