Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
A two-hat day for me today.

Grabbed my Santa fedora for the trip to Krispy Kreme this morning. It typically makes people smile, though it's a bit small for my noggin. This one will probably rest on the hat rack at my desk for the balance of the holiday season.

b03afe9c239a1ad12b4cc1e3effd82f8.jpg

I expect my Stetson Twenty will be my cover for the rest of the day.

66e3fd822d63f9b6a643d0d44a79b14d.jpg

Lots of great hats on great heads since I checked in here last, but that hula girl necktie takes the cake!

(Well, really Sam's new baby takes the cake, but no one is wearing her)

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just wanted to pop back in for a minute and say thanks for all the congratulations and also say that I'm super happy to see Daniel up and around. He's looking very sharp!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I saw this come through my facebook feed this morning on the Humans of New York page. Recognize him?

10861112_833214146752687_8778147349049429683_o_zps999e9f8e.jpg

Caption to the photo:

"I'm the lead designer for Stetson hats. I've never met someone as crazy about hats as me. My goal in life is for everyone to understand that there is a hat out there for them. I'm not even selling hats. I'm selling romance."

Very nice!!!

Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I saw this come through my facebook feed this morning on the Humans of New York page. Recognize him?

10861112_833214146752687_8778147349049429683_o_zps999e9f8e.jpg

Caption to the photo:

"I'm the lead designer for Stetson hats. I've never met someone as crazy about hats as me. My goal in life is for everyone to understand that there is a hat out there for them. I'm not even selling hats. I'm selling romance."

Very nice!!!

That is Matt Deckard.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Stetson for me too - a demo of a new unnamed model in their proposed "Excellent"-quality line-up for next fall.

c22d5a9364214e386141303a38a133a5.jpg

42f55bcf979896c974dade0e6b59ac9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao the Resistol looks just fine, not dirty.
You say that because you didn't spot the dirt on the brim edge and under the brim there are 2 dirt spots. Liner needs to be washed.

Joao: I have not seen a thoroughbred hat until your posting. I do like that presentation and the look of the hat. Would you care to share more about how you came to possess such a hat?
For long I only known Stetson and Resistol as western hat makers. Through the lounge I learned there are more brands and custom hatters. This Thoroughbred I got on ebay, never saw a long hair from this brand so I gambled. It's nice but have a lot of moth bites. I also have another Thoroughbred hat but it is in the hands of John Galt. If I recall those were made in Canada with imported fur and now they are made in Texas. This one is a 10X quality (as most Thoroughbred hats I have seen). No beaver content ever mentioned.

Clearly a real Stetson nut...
Nice Clear Nutria. Only thing I see wrong is that it's not mine ;)

Falcon Park
Nice ribbon color!

Joao, it would stop the blood flow to your brain, but I think you would learn to enjoy its 3" brim. ;)

Harv, thanks... just a bit of inventory.

Greg, that's a darn good looking modern hat. Let us know how the demo works out.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Thanks, Alan. The dealer told me that Matt Deckard had a pretty close hand in its design....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Alan, did you flatten that brim yourself? I have a couple of hats right now that I'd love to put on a very flat flange!

A

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, it would stop the blood flow to your brain, but I think you would learn to enjoy its 3" brim. ;)
I think that would not happen. I do like to handle my Resistol BR Westerns "20" but don't like the looks of it's 3" brim. Nice felt, nice fit but small (narrow) brim...
I don't know what happened to my Portuguese bunny western, it seems to have shrunk, I do know it's not a 59 (7 3/8) anymore and for sure it's not a 58 (7 1/4), feels more like a 57 (7 1/8) and I can wear it.

Today was a Biiiiiig Country day! Started with the chocolate brown
20141212.jpg

And by lunch the black one
20141212b.jpg

The Chocolate is my favourite!

GregNYC

One Too Many
Tommy, I was in the city today too. You're looking good in that Strat! And I agree, Harv is rocking the Falcon Park and the jacket (and shades).

Joao, that second Big Country is one of my favorites of yours, along with the light-gray Tom Mix.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe