Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

howardeye

Practically Family
1950 Open Road I bought from a Lounge member few years back. It is a great Pickin Hat. The felt is so forgiving no steam or water was needed to shape it. I am thinking of doing the Roy Rogers Block!

howardeye

Practically Family
Thanks. I could not wear this hat with the crown being so tall and the wide brim until I saw a banjo player wearing it in this manner. I still prefer the narrower brim hats!

GregNYC

One Too Many
David, great color on the Whippet. I perused the Whippet thread for the first time this morning, and I'm coming to appreciate them more and more!!

Howard, it looks cool!

Charlie, the outfit comes together real nicely! You've got the art of the brim!

Perry, I'd like to see a picture in natural light of the tobacco colored Stetson. It's a subtle color, one of my favorites! Hard to photograph. My tobacco Cavanagh is always off in photos.

Joao, I'm liking those immense Stetsons. Do you have any 5" brims in a taco shape?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lovely Whippet David.

Perry - a fine choice.

Charlie - your looking very dashing today :) Great hat.

Howard - I like the way you've shaped that, I'm a fan of telescope crowns - looks good

---

Dodging the showers in a recently acquired North West Hat (with apologies to Mike...). I ordered it with a blue bound brim (as the ribbon flash) at 7 7/8, and Mike did a great job, but I just didn't like my choice (no reflection on Mike's work - he made what I asked for). I took the shears and sanding block to the edge and it's now raw at around 2 5/8", and I love it.

Last edited:
That's very sharp Richard. Super hats from the green whippet on down the line.

Wearing my blue heather Dobbs Cross Country again today. Sorry to repeat so soon.

100814.jpg

ps... I was playing with a moth.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Nice double header Joao.
Thank you.

Joao - it's bit like those spot the difference games you play as a kid :) The Stetson's crown does give it the edge.
Was not my intention to make a difference game.
I love that old Stetson because of the crown (and brim) ;)

Joao, the two hat days are the best!
I have to agree ;)

1950 Open Road I bought from a Lounge member few years back. It is a great Pickin Hat. The felt is so forgiving no steam or water was needed to shape it. I am thinking of doing the Roy Rogers Block!
It looks great on you and you wear it well!

Joao, I'm liking those immense Stetsons. Do you have any 5" brims in a taco shape?
I only have one in taco shape but it doesn't have 5" brim. I think it have 4.25" or 4.5" brim.

--------
Today a 2 hat day again. This time both Stagecoaches and both come from loungers. The silverbelly was gifted, the brown John Galt refurbished it for free (I payed the hat).
20141008.jpg

20141008b.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
Alan, wonderfully classic and subtle with the matching ribbon.
Harv, such a nice color on the Bantam, I hope you don't get motor-oil spots on it! :)

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Great hats fellows. True admiration for the excellent posts with all showcasing their hats/caps. Cheers.

I went thru the past couple of days in detail and almost forgot to add a pic. This morning it was in the low 40'F here in Minnesota. I sported by Dunn cap to watch the lunar event and head out for a dog walk.

i-rGWzjDh-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

ingineer

One Too Many
Dave i'm green with jealousy
HatsRme,That is the perfect look with VS
Harv nice hat and Cleveland 4V , rare
Open roads today very cool, the telescope on Howard and the high crown on hatophile
Alan; I always look forward to your posts, repeat all you want.
Joao, The silverbelly is a knockout.
SBG great taste in caps nice to see the black Stormy as well.
This my Disco Era ? Stetson OR, just like my father wore fly fishing, very recalcitrant, wants to snap back up. Going to leave the LBJ look for a while.
Richard, did the brim prevent the famous swoop?
So happy with Mike's work, like your colour choice

Regards
Richard

GregNYC

One Too Many
Eric, wonderful "Quiet Man"- style cap. It goes perfectly with the nature-tones in the photo! Synchronicity! I just ordered the same style from Cordova this week.

Richard, that LBJ shape on the OR is classic!

Joao, I love that first Stagecoach. It's one of my favorites.
Eric, classic cap! Great pattern.
Richard, I like the brim up on the OR. It's more, "Respect my authoritayyyy!" :D

job

One Too Many
Everyone today has taken a great selfie of awesome hats. Some of us probably have more practice than the average person. This is definitely the form to find the best self pics of wearing a real cool accessory.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

GregNYC

One Too Many
Job, that's funny! When I first started back in the summer, I felt self-conscious. A) wearing a hat in public. B) being a grown man taking a selfie with a hat in public. Now it's no big deal. Largely because of the like-mindedness of the other hat-folks here!

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for the comments folks.

Alan - lovely finish and colour to the Dobbs.

Harv - looks great, watch out for oil!

Joao - I love the ribbon on that first one.

Eric - looking very English today :)

Richard - the binding makes swoops difficult, but it was more width, and the blue binding with grey ribbon, I'll stick to the same colour in future. That OR looks great brim up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe