Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Andy - I like the volume on that one

Jeff - enjoy the break. Looks a good vacation hat.

Charlie - I love the ribbon.

Miami - nice hat and tie!

Joao - I'd be tempted to lower the brim, but it balances the tall crown up...

Alan - Nice use of checks!

Ole - beautiful hat and scenic shots

---

Bloke in Akubra Fed blocking pleasant evening view:

Pleasant view without odd bloke:

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Akubra Fed IV today
IMG_4797.JPG

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good warm and sunny afternoon from Central Ohio Gents! All you guys look great as usual!

Charlie, Morning coffee and wearing a nice looking straw! Life doesn't get any better! :D
Miamibruno, The Borso looks great! But man! That tie is awesome though!
Joao, I'm not much for black fedoras, but I do like some black westerns though. That 3X Resistol looks darn good on you.
Ole, I really like that Blue Whippet style hat! That looks really good! Nice pics of the scenery too!
Richard, casechopper, Two nice Feds. The three of us must have posted at the same time...

I'm wearing my most recent conversion this afternoon. This is a more recent 1980s vintage 4X OR that I reblocked. I also replaced the original crappy bonded leather sweatband with a Roan leather sweat. The vintage faux 6 ply mid-ribbon is a medium brown color with what looks to be an olive green undertone. I did a simple ribbon treatment on this one with just a loop and short tail, no bow. I also hid the stitching under the loop and tail...more pics in the Conversion Corral...thanks Ole and John Galt...

4_XXXX_01.jpg

XXXX_02.jpg

XXXX_03.jpg

XXXX_04.jpg

XXXX_05.jpg

Last edited:

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Alan - Great cap. You really can wear anything. I look like a thug in them.

TJones - Awesome reblock. The felt looks so soft on that hat. I love the ribbon treatment, too. Well done.

Dane - The whole thing works. Very cool.

Richard - That bloke is wearing a very nice hat. I really like the Akubra Stylemaster. I keep looking for a vintage one, but I'm going to have to be patient.

casechopper - You ARE the man in charge.

Joao - I still think you need to call Ripley's Believe it or Not. The most brim space in any hat collection in the world. You'd be a hands down winner!

Looks good TJ
Great looking hat and scenic evening Richard. Thanks for sharing that.
Also a nice fed Case. And cool boots.
Herre Dane thank you as well for sharing a glimpse of your corner of the world. And your world class Stetson.
Killer cap Alan
Awesome Resistol Joao. Classic!!
Fantastic hat and tie MB, as usual. I'd love to see some up close of your awesome tie collection some time. There's a thread you know. Hint,hint;)
Absolutely top notch straws all around h-R-m, B-man & DJH.
Also a killer cap O.G.
abe6y9e4.jpg

In the kitchen cooking up some gumbo in a straw hat myself. This one came from a boot store and was once labeled Justin, I think, before I sweated all the gold writing out of it. But since Justin makes boots, not hats, it's anybody's guess where it really came from.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao - I'd be tempted to lower the brim, but it balances the tall crown up...
Lower how? The sides?

Pleasant view without odd bloke
That reminds me of Kyleakin. Very nice village on Isle of Skye.

Joao, I'm not much for black fedoras, but I do like some black westerns though. That 3X Resistol looks darn good on you.
I do know you don't like black hats, but thank you.

I'm wearing my most recent conversion this afternoon. This is a more recent 1980s vintage 4X OR that I reblocked. I also replaced the original crappy bonded leather sweatband with a Roan leather sweat. The vintage faux 6 ply mid-ribbon is a medium brown color with what looks to be an olive green undertone. I did a simple ribbon treatment on this one with just a loop and short tail, no bow. I also hid the stitching under the loop and tail...more pics in the Conversion Corral...thanks Ole and John Galt...
It looks nice, but I think a little more brim wouldn't hurt.

Joao - I still think you need to call Ripley's Believe it or Not. The most brim space in any hat collection in the world. You'd be a hands down winner!
There is no such TV program here. There must be larger western hat collections larger than mine. Alan's collection would be one. ;)

Awesome Resistol Joao. Classic!!
Thank you.

In the kitchen cooking up some gumbo in a straw hat myself. This one came from a boot store and was once labeled Justin, I think, before I sweated all the gold writing out of it. But since Justin makes boots, not hats, it's anybody's guess where it really came from.
It's like Sheppler's hats, clothing... you name it. Looks nice but I would change the brim.

John Galt

Vendor
TJ, I really like the Panama you are working in. Hold out until you get my care package, I've got an orangish OR style ribbon that would look great with it.

You Gents are disappointing. I keep waiting for someone to post an ugly hat in this thread, and no one has! I guess I'll have to look elsewhere, 'cuz there's too much good taste here! Anyway...

...Note to myself: On a sunny day 2-3/8" brim is not enough for that nose!...
Check my avatar. A 2-3/4" brim doesn't quite do the job either. But it looks soooooooooooooo good on you!

...I did a simple ribbon treatment on this one with just a loop and short tail, no bow. I also hid the stitching under the loop and tail...
That ribbon treatment is sharp! I always say, "Keep it simple and you can't go wrong," and you've proven me correct. And, yes, I know it only looks simple--nice clean work!

High sides rock!
When you wear 'em they do! :rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe