Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I don't know if I'll come across another Stagecoach with that brim size. It's easier to people in the US to come across one than me as I only have ebay as a source and Western Resistols or Stetsons are non existence here. I have to "fight" the world or annoy "US only" sellers and most times give up because the price as gone too high as I have to think of shipping cost and import taxes. Maybe it was my fault to create big expectations I could get it because you didn't liked it, didn't know what to do with it and a hat with that brim size in perfectly shape doesn't appear often. I almost cried when I saw it. I felt like bishop when ripley threw herself into the furnace in Aliens 3. But that again, maybe my own fault and I must get over it.

Maybe you will enjoy it again when you visit or your son visits you.

I understand how you feel. I've missed a lot of nice fedoras because others who must have pockets full of money to spend outbid me on some nice ones. Not too often does a good one come by at a price some of us can afford. Hopefully another one will show up again. There's a guy I bought a couple of Westerns from, the Resistol being one of them. He's pretty reasonable on his prices, and he's from the part of the U.S. where Western hats are plentiful. If he gets another one with a wide brim that I can afford I'll get it and hold it for you.

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Terry, black and white photos are always special and looks good with your "black" hat!

Joao, great hat! The search will never end for the perfect hat!

Richard, good looking Christy on you!

Steve, oh yes, the Flamand in Action.That looks wonderful. I am a fan of that felt!

Roger, sharp Strat, that hat looks very good and suits you great!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, I really like it
Thanks.

I understand how you feel. I've missed a lot of nice fedoras because others who must have pockets full of money to spend outbid me on some nice ones. Not too often does a good one come by at a price some of us can afford. Hopefully another one will show up again. There's a guy I bought a couple of Westerns from, the Resistol being one of them. He's pretty reasonable on his prices, and he's from the part of the U.S. where Western hats are plentiful. If he gets another one with a wide brim that I can afford I'll get it and hold it for you.
I just find it funny some modern hats goes beyond $100 and some really nice ones end lower than $50.
You are very lucky to be in a place where westerns exist in abundance. Thank you for you concern and effort to find me another wider brim. Even if you can't afford it and it is +4" brim, tell me.

Joao - I hope your son enjoys it. It looks good on you.
I think you meant TJ not me. I too think black hats suit him well but he doesn't like them...

B]Joao[/B], great hat! The search will never end for the perfect hat!
True but found already some really nice ones like the 7XCB. Nutria is also really nice and it's impossible to have one favourite. Too many colours and shapes.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
gear-guy, Richard, Manfred, thanks gentlemen for the compliments on the Strat! Looking forward to seeing today's choices

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
1950s Stetson Nutria

uqamu6u6.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, job!

Man, oh MAN, Justin! One of the best looks EVER!!! Absolutely perfect hat and jacket combo. and if we look up "smug" in the dictionary, your photo of today could appear. Great day!!

Harv you rock that classic Whippet, my friend!!

Rogera

Great start guys! Justin, that hat has got some history, looks great with the jacket which is awesome by the way,

Harv, Very classic look you got there with the leather, Whippet and shades- very nice!

And Charlie, man you got this hat wearing thing down, every hat you got is perfectly proportioned to you and your brim work just tops it off. I really like the Mojave and expresso combo!

ManofKent

Charlie - great start to the day in that VS

Justin - nice colour to that old beauty.

Harv - lovely Whippet

David - looking great in that silverbelly.

---

An evening stroll across the fields at the back of my house. James Dermot cap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld