Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Back to Brim Wars :)

Stetson of unknown quality with 4,5" brim
20140320.jpg

Country Club I LOVE the coconut straw Dobbs porkpie. That is one of my favorite kinds of straw for hats, I just really like the way it looks.

Just got my wireless internet on at the new house. Man, I've missed a ton of nice hats the last week or so. Hard to keep up relying on free wi-fi hotspots. Looking forward to catching up.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Country Club I LOVE the coconut straw Dobbs porkpie. That is one of my favorite kinds of straw for hats, I just really like the way it looks.

Just got my wireless internet on at the new house. Man, I've missed a ton of nice hats the last week or so. Hard to keep up relying on free wi-fi hotspots. Looking forward to catching up.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Welcome back and thanks for the kind words. Good luck with the new house.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good Morning Gents! Very nice collection of hats so far! Sorry I'm in a rush again this a.m.

Richard, mayserwegener, ccjoe, Joao, David, very impressive guys. You all look great!

What do you do with a rare hat that doesn't fit right? I try to either trade it off or sell it! This one looks to be pretty rare. I haven't seen another one like it. I'm wearing a Stetson Imperial in a suede finish. It's something of a Gay Prince clone. The color on this hat is a beautiful Purplish / Gray, and it's the sofest felt I've handled. It looks to be from the mid to late 1940's. I've seen the suede finish in 3Xs and Royal Deluxes, but rarely have I seen that finish in Stetson's Imperial line, not to mention that I haven't seen the Imperial suede finish in this style...anyone have any info on this one?

Imperial_Suede.jpg

Last edited:
What do you do with a rare hat that doesn't fit right? I try to either trade it off or sell it! This one looks to be pretty rare. I haven't seen another one like it. I'm wearing a Stetson Imperial in a suede finish. It's something of a Gay Prince clone. The color on this hat is a beautiful Purplish / Gray, and it's the sofest felt I've handled. It looks to be from the mid to late 1940's. I've seen the suede finish in 3Xs and Royal Deluxes, but rarely have I seen that finish in Stetson's Imperial line, not to mention that I haven't seen the Imperial suede finish in this style...anyone have any info on this one?

Imperial was another name used in Stetson's fifteen dollar price bracket, along with Stetson Fifteen and Stetson 3X Beaver Quality. The suede finish felt and whipstitch detailing was used in a model advertised as the Tijuana. I've had a couple - both with 2 3/4" whipstitched brims and a self ribbon with whipstitch on the top of the band. There were likely other variations, though none seem to have been as popular as the Gay Prince from Dobbs - at least they seem to appear less frequently today. Does your brim edge appear to be original? Inside photos would help to determine whether it is from the 1940s or 1950s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe