Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Dave, the OR is a dark gray, one of very few I've come across.

Very cool, I don't recall seeing another in that colour.

DH - good news that you finally made it home. We have an office in Marietta, GA and have heard all kinds of horror stories this week from our friends based there. An OR is certainly good headwear to be celebrating with :)

Perry, Garrett, Josh, Ole, Alan, David, DH66, Thanks!

David, Fantastic Borsalino Marque Grand Luxe! Hat making at its zenith!

Andy, Super City Sport 8 Panel Cap!

Perry, Great Stetson Open Road! Unique color as mentioned. Always great brim work!

Sam, The brim mod on your Akubra Squatter is a winner!

JHE888, Your linen Borsalino Cap looks great! So does your weather!

AnA, Like the flange change on your Dobbs TWENTY. Super! Same with the beard! :)

Alan, Amazing Borsalino! The felt is super fantastic!

T Jones, You wear your 7X Bradford with authority! Super!

Harv, Your Stetson Weekender looks great after the rework!

DH66, Your Stetson Open Road breaks through the fuzz!

Jared, I always enjoy seeing your blue Dobbs! Really great color and form!

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Catching up...

Randall - Lovely C&K
Harv – Lovely looking Whippet
HB3 – that Portis looks great
David – Looking grand in that Grand Luxe
Andy – looks like the city sport is keeping you cheerful in that cold.
Perry – Lovely OR (and a great sweater)
Sam – the Squatter does look good cut down
Jhe888 – nice piece of linen
AnA the reflanging has worked well
Alan – beautiful felt on that Borso
TJones – I like the re-working.
Harv – great Weekender (and pose  )
Steve – need I say, that’s a beautiful velour?
Dale – glad the weather has eased – great hat for a (re)open road :drum:
Pharrell- :)
Jared – nice Dobbs. I need a dark blue hat…

---

Thursday Panizza:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice Panizza, Richard.

Thought I'd go with a Borsalino this morning

smugshot_5186609-L.jpg

hatguy1

One Too Many
View attachment 9072
The ice finally melted and the roads are open....

Yep. I agree. Finally got a flight out if ATL and returned to my humble abode as well (but mine isn't mobile). And since I'm back in my local locale, put the walkabout hat back on the rack and put on my wool felt indy again.

Must say I was very impressed with Atlanta and her citizenry during the ice storm. Everyone everywhere was friendly and courteous and pitching in to get everybody thru. While the news was full of stories of jammed highways, 6-18 hours stuck in traffic and lots of speculation on political blame and lessons learned for the next such storm in 5 years or so, there was nothing about rioting/looting or any other such stuff.

I tip my fedora to Atlantans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Richard - never heard of Panizza - lovely.
Jared - interesting crease on the Playboy!
dh66 - good choice for a day at home!
David - another stunning Borso. Where do you keep finding them?

I'm wearing the City Sport again today, so no photo. I think I'll go back to a fedora over the weekend.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Nice, Richard, David, and Perry!

This is NOT today's photo... but it is today's hat. At least today's first hat.

AnA, I forgot to answer your question about the FP: I did open up the curl on the brim awhile back. The original treatment was almost an unsewn overwelt, kind of ironed flat without any stitching.

Gairdner

New in Town
Been wearing my newly acquired fairly lightweight Sutherland Sporting Tweeds brown herringbone flat cap today. Just taken it off after coming in from walking the four-legged beastie and it still feels as if its on! No pictures of me wearing it as I'm poor with a camera and am not sure the forum could withstand my mugshot anyway. Still, here it is on a much better looking glass head:

49_wfl11.jpg

I must get round to taking a picture of my meagre collection which includes an Akubra Urban, Tilley T3, a Rogue something or other and my favourite, an Olney oversized Bond flat cap in a fairly heavy green Tweed. Yon Tilley has seen much use from my former canoeing days and has been lost twice but successfully returned, dropped in a few Lochs, trodden on and and stuffed unceremoniously into either of my Duluth packs or barbour jacket. Looks even better for all its misadventures! I find a flat cap is the best the for storing in my Barbour's poacher's pocket as you hardly know it's there but can always dig out if the weather demands it.

My old Grandad used to wear a selection of Tweed Trilby's but my Granny has long since gotten shot off them although they'd have never fitted my muckle bonce anyway. I'm fairly lusting after a Harris Tweed one now but it looks like a may have to save up and have a custom made to get just what I want but where and who?

Last edited:
Thanks Alan. This was one of my "Holy Grail" hats. It's actually a 60's hat, I had Graham clean it and pop out the cowboy crease, then recreased as a center dent. I wish I could have found a more vintage white Stetson, but I'll take what I can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82