Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
It's warming up in Northeast Ohio. Which means the snow is heavier to shovel. A mixed blessing.

Wearing an Australia market Akubra Squatter. I feel like I have the rings of Saturn around my head. But I do appreciate the light-weight felt (Akubra calls it Feather Weight - but I wouldn't go that far) and lack of liner, making this a true four-season hat.

View attachment 8236

View attachment 8237

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Splinter, Perry (nice to see the new VS out), Jeff and Richard (I like the combination of sport coat and hat you had on Yesterday).

Beautiful Mallory Charlie. I like the Cavanagh edge.

Andy: The squatter doesn't look large on you at all to me.

VS Carlota
IMG_0968.JPG
IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_0972.JPG

Alan I really like that one! The fedoras with the whipstitch detail on the brim and band are very appealing to me.

JHE888 that O.R. is absolutely perfect, and looks perfect on you.

Case the Carlota is topping off a great look for you.

Nice one O.G. The wider brim has kind of a western vibe to it, without looking so much like a cowboy hat. (not that I don't love cowboy hats)

mOnk the moonstone is an excellent color. That one looks good on you.

Hatophile I like the contrast of the lighter ribbon and binding on that one. Good looking hat.

Good look for an early (or anytime else) outing Hats-r-Me.

Great hats this morning guys. Hope you enjoy the weekend.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Not exactly the "Gay Prince" but something similar. I recently scored this beauty off another site besides ebay. The liner and sweat are super clean and looks as if this had very little, if any, head time. From what I read in the dating Stetsons by liner thread this looks to pre-date the 1950s. Maybe even a 1940s hat(?) I'm not sure, (someone with more knowledge please correct me if I'm wrong here). This is an Imperial Stetson and has some of the softest felt I ever handled, Suede Finish. Notice the matching fur felt hat band that is whip stitched along the bottom edge. The color on this hat is really beautiful. It's a medium gray with a purplish cast, (Unfortunately, my camera doesn't capture the hat's true color). Not for sure if it's a style that I think looks very good on me though. Regardless, it's a beautiful gem. I have to say that it was refreshing to buy from a seller who was fair and reasonable with his prices, unlike some of the other sellers on ebay who over price their stuff. Anyway, here's a few pics...( a side note: I just noticed alan wearing a Gay Prince and a leather jacket. By pure coincidence, I was wearing nearly the same thing)!

k6d2.jpg

View attachment 8242

View attachment 8239

View attachment 8240

View attachment 8241

Last edited:

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Charlie - lovely mallory and a sharp outfit.

Perry - I like that ribbon/felt contrast

Monk - definitely Fed Friday ;) Looks great.

Andy - nice squatter, and the brim width looks good on you. I'm guessing your squatter came open crowned?

Sam - That Carlotta is a real beauty.

Jhe - Nice OR, and the sunshine looks good too :)

Alan - I'm not a big fan of whipstitch on brims, but that's a nice looking hat all the same.

TJones - I like that. Whipstitch just on the ribbon appeals to my taste more than on the brim.

----------------

Lefty & Sam, thanks for the comments on yesterday's outfit, and thanks to everyone else for the comments on the hat.

----------------

Fed Friday for me today (and more corduroy (almost as nice as tweed ;) ) ):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe