Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Orangegrad love it, love it, what can you tell me about that newsboy?

gear-guy - I really don't have the history on this hat. But Johnny J who you'll find most often on the Cap Faction thread would probably know a whole lot about it. He has a number of true vintage hats as well as his own creations. If you look on that thread you'll see a "Starflower" cap I wore yesterday - which Johnny based on a 1920s ad showing the cap. His work is flawless.

gear-guy

Practically Family
gear-guy - I really don't have the history on this hat. But Johnny J who you'll find most often on the Cap Faction thread would probably know a whole lot about it. He has a number of true vintage hats as well as his own creations. If you look on that thread you'll see a "Starflower" cap I wore yesterday - which Johnny based on a 1920s ad showing the cap. His work is flawless.

Thanks orange

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The western does look good on you TJones - I hope you can find a way to pad it and keep it.

Andy - another fine cap. The doughnut reminds me I need to lose a few pounds :)

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
The western does look good on you TJones - I hope you can find a way to pad it and keep it.

Andy - another fine cap. The doughnut reminds me I need to lose a few pounds :)

Thanks my friend, I appreciate the comment. Yeah, I'm leaning toward keeping the hat. I really like it. I padded the sweat pretty good but the fit still feels a little awkward. Although, after wearing it a little while I don't notice it that much. It's definitely a heck of a hat. Really dense felt.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Che - great to see you again! That two tone is sharp

Latso - great photo!

Jed - lookin good as always. Both hats are look very sharp upon your noggin!

Andy that's a beautiful cap!

T Jones - that Western looks great. Nice choice!

Today I am wearing another of the 1920s caps I recieved from Johnny recently, as I prepare to start another day on Ft. Campbell. Not sure what I will do. .. yesterday I went to the meuseum and will try to post some photos up in a little bit.

evybuqu7.jpg

ne9ydune.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Justin, thanks buddy, I appreciate the comment. That's a really awesome cap! I like that! I gotta get another one!

Dane, Ha! You're welcome my friend! I got a cramp in my face when I strained to get that smile! Lol! :D

DJH

I'll Lock Up
TJ - yeah, you have to keep the western; your signature look!

Andy, Splintz - super caps, guys.

Black is the new black for me today - Biltmore OR style

smugshot_1993321-L.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
T Jones--the western looks really good, smile or no smile.

Andy and Justin--coupla nice looking caps there, guys.

David--I like the new black. 't is the season.

Granite VS today.
IMG_3712_zps4e1bc910.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great fabric Justin.

David - Very cool with the shades :)

Looking good g.d.

John - a fine pair of hats again.

------------------

Did someone say it's the season for black? Giving the new Vanzina a spin:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
DJH, g.durand, thanks guys for your comments on my Western. :)

DJH, I don't usually warm up to Black hats but that Biltmore OR is a very nice looking hat!
g.durand, you have one of the nicest collection of hats! I love the VS Granite. Really looks good on you!
Richard, the Vanzina looks really good on you my friend....and you always have the neatest looking background in your pics!
job, Two cool lookin' dudes wearing some cool lookin' hats. Good to see that the youngster is taking an interest in wearing hats!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Hello & Happy Sunday !
Thank you all for the kind comments on the Portis 2-tone & the Capped Kids in the cap thread
well your all lookin swell as well !

Not today, im Cheatin, last sunday I made a friend
sportin a Champ featherweight with my new feathered pal actually old pal he's hanging out every visit I make to his town...
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv884%3B%3Dot%3E27%3B7%3D%3A%3A6%3D827%3D36%3C6%3A%3A673634%3Bnu0mrj

he's cool I picked him up & walked around singing boleros,,
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv8599%3Dot%3E27%3B7%3D%3A%3A6%3D823%3D36%3C6%3A%3A673234%3Bnu0mrj

geez where did those pics go................

Happy New Year !
:cool:

Job & Son, you 2 make a fantastic hatted pair, your a good Dad & the Kid is a natural ... I love the bowties as well

Manokent, the Vanzina is amazing & looks great with the mild pinches ,, superb with your tweeds ....

Gdurand, I see you took a road trip well hard to return but you really do go in style all the hats were excellent,
I wore my Granite VS Friday by the way....

David, Black Biltmore suits you fine, Last of the good batch there, & I always enjoy your early posts !!

Justin, OK that's a Killer cap & a time capsule find that was Johnny got some good stuff for sure, you look great in that classic.

Andy, ahh another classic killer cap you have quite the collection now & I love the Cordova Star cap. hmm Doughnut Boston crème.......

TJones, a great wide glide western that you wear well... yea sizing makes the difference... you look great Smile or no Smile Amigo !!

Jeff, now looks like your havin a swell time & the Tall crown westerns Quicksilver & Stage coach
heres a pic I snapped of a old stage coach stop I visit regular
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv6%3C%3B7%3Dot%3E7%3A77%3D487%3D34%3B%3DXROQDF%3E27%3B62%3B474%3B25%3Aot1lsi

San Juan Batista lot of oldtimers there prefer Resistols !

Latoso, NYE in Chicago in Style love the scenic shot & your Amigos look cool,,,nice hats Caps
for me I hide NYE as I have been out of control latoso many NYE as a young latoso

Dane, Perry, Ole, gear guy, chepstow, & Alan & every body here ...I enjoy all your posts !!!
che

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe