Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the appreciation of yesterday's old Crofut & Knapp longhair.

Talking about killing to get something: Alan, watch out! That super well combed "black hairdo" really tickles my trigger-finger. "Gorgeous" is just a tiny word here :)

PS: I just noticed ... what is the pendant? Is it a piece of bone?

It's a silver piece... more photos of it on the Turquoise/Native American Jewelry thread (which is also a nice place to spend some time).

Be careful playing in the snow out there Charlie (and everybody in the grip of winter).

I had an early morning date with the dentist to replace a 50 year old filling. Personally I liked the vintage one, but it had to go. Wore an old Stetson Real Nutria Fur western for the occasion.

nutriafur7.jpg

010314.jpg

I look decidedly sillier when my daughters are behind the camera:

010314_2.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looking good in that OR David. Really mild here, just gales and floods...

S4C - very smart.

Joao - there goes your excuse for buying an open-top sports car ;) Looks good.

Perry - the victor looks great with that wider pinch.

Sam - looks suitably warm.

TJones - very sharp

Jeff - nice fabric on that cap

Banky - what colour is that? - I like that felt.

John - a great pair of hats - I love the colour of that champ.

Charlie (and others with the snow) - stay safe and take care!

Alan - What did the dentist make of that beauty? Your daughter takes a great photo by the way :)

Alan - What did the dentist make of that beauty? Your daughter takes a great photo by the way :)

Thanks Richard... they both have a good eye and a nose for news. The dentist is a cool guy and I think he would have enjoyed it but the hat and coat and earmuffs and galoshes were stowed before he had a chance to mold an opinion.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Take care those of you in the US with snow. Gales and flooding here - we seem to have the odd day of calm then they're back again.

Probably the best hat for wearing in strong winds - a bowler today (late 60's/early 70's Failsworth), and no the knit tie doesn't work with a bowler... :

Mystic

Practically Family
Some fine looking hats all around.

New to me Barrister on a cold and windy Florida day. Ok, stop laughing it DOES get cold in Florida. Not polar bear cold like you guys are dealing with but still cold.
IMG_1770_zps721ec702.jpg
[/IMG]

Miamibruno

One Too Many
I'm about to go grill (you can see it behind me mounted with snow) with my 50s Green Merrimac which is uncannily warm. And Mystic, being from Florida myself, I can safely say, the cold in FL is not the cold in MA. Wish I were there.

11738869683_d818ef5a9f_z.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Wore an old Stetson Real Nutria Fur western for the occasion.
And I lost again.

Joao - there goes your excuse for buying an open-top sports car ;) Looks good.
I wouldn't like to see my hat being blown away.

Take care those of you in the US with snow. Gales and flooding here - we seem to have the odd day of calm then they're back again.
I saw in the news the UK is going to have heavy rain in the weekend.

Probably the best hat for wearing in strong winds - a bowler today (late 60's/early 70's Failsworth), and no the knit tie doesn't work with a bowler... :
Maybe a bowler with wider brim?

Later in Campolide, near the "Aqueduto das Águas Livres", a landmark of Lisbon.
20130103b.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Although I rarely post I do lurk daily and appreciate all the great hats/caps posted by you guys. Too many to compliment individually so believe me when I say you guys rock.

A nice mild day in the NW and sporting a gift from a fellow Lounger, early heavy wool Johnny C. 8 dart.

Always a joy to see your smiling face, Mike!! GREAT cap! Thanks for posting.

MiamiB Good to see you're out in it. Good show with the grill! I actually did a turkey on the Weber charcoal yesterday, IN the blizzard. We must carry on, and you do so in style with that Merrimac. We'll have to go to Newcomb Farms for brunch someday, sir.

Mystic that Barrister came out SPECTACULARLY!! Breathtaking!

Well done, looking good by the aqueduto, Joao!

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Charlie. You are a hard core wearer of the felt bro, your frozen hat pix is classic. Hope the ribbon isn't stained but I'd guess you don't care ;)

Hope everyone affected stays warm and stays powered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe