Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard, your beautiful photos almost make me want to own a Fed IV.
It was Richard's photos that convinced me to get the Tawny Fawn Fed IV in my current avatar--he wears them so well!

Terrific hats and photos as usual Gents! 6.5 years, well over 63,000 posts, and not one bad hat in the entire thread? That has to be some sort of record!

Michaelshane

One Too Many
Pecan colored OR....

1ED7FBBB-2A3B-4001-8D26-5F98A284C98E-1698-000001C72B5121C0_zps013af9da.jpg

Pecan colored OR....

1ED7FBBB-2A3B-4001-8D26-5F98A284C98E-1698-000001C72B5121C0_zps013af9da.jpg

Very nice! You don't often see them in any other than silverbelly. I like'em best with the western crease too. Works well with the vest.

Alan you're lookin sharp for a visit to the grocery store.:thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice looking barrister DJH. I like the color.

Thanks, DH. I like your OR - I need to get myself a Cattleman crease version one of these days.

Andy - look'n good good in the VS. White Sands NM is somewhere I'd like to visit someday.

Nice Barrister - David - lovely (mushroom?) colour.

Cheers, Richard! The felt of the Barrister is indeed a mushroom grey.

Good to see you both. :eusa_clap

Nice to see you too, Alan! I don't wear the Barrister that much - the crown is a little shorter than the hats I mostly wear - but it is just the job when I'm in the right frame of mind :)

Love the Vanzina - I don't recall seeing it before.

Michaelshane - now THAT'S an Open Road Fantastic!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Alan, the Vanzina gives you an even more youthful air than normal, so much so that you should not hesitate to purchase green bananas. ;) The hat's interior is as nice as its façade. Beautiful liner!

Thank you Randall, Monte, David, Ole and DH for your replies. I don't get this one on often enough. It's an unusual hat (the brand was later purchased by Borsalino) - substantial weight with a alpine style influenced by Vanzina's Pavia roots. Very hard to date accurately, but the construction and wide light gray sweatband suggest it could be 1930s. It shows no signs of wear and still has the basting stitch protecting the double sided bow.

Randall, are you back in the U.S. of A?

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
Justin, the MW is stellar. It's good to see you around here again.

After a breakfast of huevos and chorizo with corn tortillas this morning in central Texas. My brother took us to a local Mexican joint. There was no place for me to put my hat during the meal other than on my head. Everyone else was wearing their hats while eating, including a gentleman with a big, black, weathered western.

Stetson Playboy
photo-74_zpsa194f89b.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MichaelShane - the pecan is a nice change from silverbelly - great hat

Alan - lovely Vanzina. I've got a soft spot for Italian hats, and that one is particularly nice.

Justin - I really like that MW. The narrower brim, works as well on you as your usual wider ones too.

g.d (Michael?) - Beautiful Stetson. Sounds like you're having a good time.

G.D. I love stetsons almost as much as I love Mexican food. Huevos y chorizo... Mmmmmm.
Obviously you are enjoying youself.

That's a beauty Splintercellz. Looks good on you.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

g.durand

One Too Many
Richard, thank you. Yes, it's been an enjoyable journey so far. That was a very nice photo of you wearing that very nice Huckle.

Michael it is indeed. (g.durand was my great grandfather, a finely hatted gentleman.)

dh--Stetsons and Mexican food make a good match. The OR you wore earlier looks great with the cattleman's crease.

Last edited:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Richard, thank you my friend! This hat is becoming a favorite. May I say you look great!

G, thank you as well! Your playboy is immaculate. .. great color and shape. Perfect for you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
Long time no see, gents! I hope you all had good holidays and all that :)

Today's offering, my Stetson Sportlite after lunch. Usually wear a suit on Sundays but I like the relaxed look of today.

W4PdTZ8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld