Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave, your Stetson is decaf? Still nice.
Smart looking Jaxon, SFC.
Matt that is a dynamite looking green hat, I'm green with envy!
Winter white George's of Nashvill today.
i2u1.jpg

ebonysw45

One of the Regulars
Vintage Royal Stetson Module

11585554443_f473d74034.jpg

My grandfathers other hat. Also made under license here in Australia. Grace Brothers engraved on the sweatband and underneath the sweatband the price $9.95 so its after 1963 when Australia changed to decimal currency.

Ha. I saw many Russians and Ukrainians wearing caps while I was there, but NONE as nice as that Manfred.
Ebonysw45 that is a fantastic hat to go with the fantastic scenery.
Still looking sharp C.
Love the white hat Hatophile. I've had my eye out for one for awhile, preferably with a big brim like Joao's new one. I wanna roll the sides real high like this guy...
y9uqaga3.jpg

Matt that Dobbs looks a really good shade of green. Nice one.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Love the white hat Hatophile. I've had my eye out for one for awhile, preferably with a big brim like Joao's new one. I wanna roll the sides real high like this guy...
I don't like a brim shaped like that. No elements protection from the sides. I hated the way my portuguese bunny was that I flattened the brim.
It is easier to get a shantung western with 5" brim (or bigger) than a felt one (even wool).

I don't like a brim shaped like that. No elements protection from the sides. I hated the way my portuguese bunny was that I flattened the brim.
It is easier to get a shantung western with 5" brim (or bigger) than a felt one (even wool).

I have found that out. 4" seems most common for western models. White ones are pretty scarce too.
I have a few straws already, but have been scouting for the right felt western hat for awhile. It'll turn up eventually.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
David - nice stetson even with the lack of caffeine.

Strapped - looks good.

Matt - nice shade of green.

Perry - very striking!

Sam - I love that hat.

ebonysw45 - that's another nice stingy.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I have found that out. 4" seems most common for western models. White ones are pretty scarce too.
I have a few straws already, but have been scouting for the right felt western hat for awhile. It'll turn up eventually.

Most common I think are 3 1/2" brims. 4" brims on 7 1/8 to 7 1/2 are scarce. I see a lot of them in sizes 7 or lower. Really nice and cheap ones are always small sizes.
I really like the Stetson Big Country I got. Huge crown, huge brim :D

Looks like some deep snow, that one guy is neck deep in it.
Great western hat/coat combo today.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
----------------------------------

A wander across the creek and down to the quayside. The new Akubra Squatter again (well I've got to show my wife how much I appreciate it ;) ):

That's the true Australian bush hat. Used to see them often 40 years ago on cattlemen and farmers. You never saw any of those Akubra cowboy styles they make now. Unfortunately these days you rarely see a guy in a hat in Melbourne. When they do wear them they are either terrible wool stingy's or a pristine and IMO unattractive Akubra cowboy style hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld