Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Eye catching for sure and perfect for Christmas events.

Before Matt Deckard saved Stetson, the Powell for me today

smugshot_9985656-L.jpg

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for posting - your Imperial is beautiful. It may well be earlier than mine. The Stetson Fifteen was the price equivalent of 3X beaver quality at $15. The Imperial Stetson that I have is late 1930s-1940 and is also marked 3X beaver. I'm not sure where the 1950s Imperial lined up price wise, but I bet the information is stored on the Lounge in one of our Stetson threads.

A 1950's Stetson Imperial was a fifteen dollar hat
bfwg.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I have been enjoying the show!

mmbarnes, your homburg with the thin binding is spectacular; I've always admired those when I saw them on the lounge! At one point it looked like a German company was making them recently with smaller dimensions, but I can't remember who.

So many great VS's, Sam's sweet collection, and the Strat and Wanderer clones of G. Durand and Andy. Guys, they look great!

David, the Powell is a verrrry sharp looker. I so wish Matt was continuing those and the other slightly shorter brimmed one.

Banky, I'll echo others' sentiments. I think the Banjo Patterson has great dimensions, and really works for you!

Alan, what a classy and diverse collection of real vintage. I love that bowler, and the Borso Nutria is somethin' else! My old beat up Stetson Nutria has the most interesting feel to it. It is very thin, a bit coarse, and easy to manipulate. The crown is nice and high, and the brim had been clearly cut down by hand. Whatever dimensions it has, it's a great country hat.

Richard, great opportunity to wear that red BB American Legend. An American legend in Britain!

Strapped 4 Cache, nice to see Santa upgrading his wardrobe a little! Super hat.

Perry, stay dry! But I'm envious of your warmer weather. Very nice thin ribbon New England hat today.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I've only worn two hats over the past week. Really favoring my Fine Fur Hats 100% beaver black hat. I'm really enjoying the 2 1/4" raw brim and mid ribbon on this one. Got a nasty cold yesterday so had to put it down to consume some takeout miso soup, spicy octopus salad, and a tupperware container of hot sake!

lwux.jpg

3weq.jpg

I've also been getting festive! My Baron Hats dark moss bowler made several appearances at work and our work holiday party.

mifq.jpg

5nts.jpg

RBH

Bartender
Great hats so far today!!!!
For some Christmas chores today I am wearing my Buckaroo Hatters wedding hat.
I changed out the ribbon on this one to a brownish-green one. The Major made several ribbons for this one so I could change them out as I like.
I told him that is a great idea to give a wider choice on the look of a hat.

qiz2.jpg

A great selection on Thursday. I got back late from a work's Christmas meal, so didn't get a chance to comment individually, but they're a swell selection. The work's Christmas do seemed to be a good opportunity to wear a hat that I've barely worn since I picked it up - the colour is just a little too bold, but it suited last night (American Legend (BB)):

Well done Richard. :eusa_clap

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great hats so far today!!!!
For some Christmas chores today I am wearing my Buckaroo Hatters wedding hat.
I changed out the ribbon on this one to a brownish-green one. The Major made several ribbons for this one so I could change them out as I like.
I told him that is a great idea to give a wider choice on the look of a hat.

qiz2.jpg

Looking good!

dean

Looking good Sam in your Fawcett Friday.
Very festive Jeff, I like the black one too!
That is a really handsome hat Rusty, I like the ribbon idea. My wife suggested I do that so I wouldn't need "so many hats", I could just change the ribbon. I pointed out that each hat is very unique, much like her purses or shoes.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Good breezy and drizzly morning from Central Ohio Gents...I'm in a bit of a rush this a.m. so I have to make it short, except to give a quick comment on g.durand's VS Strat clone. I love that hat! Love the color and the crisp lines! Nice! Richard, bowlerman, Looking very festive guys! I apologize for leaving out the rest of you guys, but as usual, you all look great! Love the nice collection of hats today!

I have to say, these hats make good babe magnets! Wednesday I went to my optometrist to get my new frames replaced. I wore my 7X Bradford Western. The lady there complimented my hat and said she loved it! Yesterday, I went to my local Supermarket wearing my 4X Open Road where another lady approached me and said, "I have to ask you about your hat!" She told me how much she loved it and that I looked good wearing it! On the other hand my wife tells me how ugly my hats are and that she wouldn't be seen out with me anywhere if I wore one. Ha! I bet she changes her mind now about being seen with me wearing one!....My 4X OR Babe Magnet.... ;)

7akg.jpg

View attachment 7352

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
TJ, I hope for you! Nice story and you look good in your hats my friend!

Rusty, that sounds great. A good thing to chance the ribbon when ever you want. A beauty!

Jeff, a great looking black hat and looks so good on you!

Sam, sharp as ever your Camilla!

Perry, very good choice your New England Hat Co, a fine hat that is sure!

Andy, elegant dressed with hat and Jacket, sharp combination!

Strapped, hohoho nice Christmas hat!

David, is a beauty and will be a beauty your Powell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld