Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
112113_1.jpg

112113_2.jpg

Is it that this jacket goes well with everything, or that it goes equally unwell with everything. I can't tell.

manns4.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
Hello, gents, and cheers to all. I'll echo hatsRme and agree that the hats are superb today. I'm quite busy during the week these days, so not much time to play here. I guess that's why they call it work. I received this from Mr. Fawcett the other day. I asked him for a Stratoliner clone in charcoal gray, and I would say he delivered. I'll come back on the weekend with some better photos.

strat_zpsf87e28f5.jpg

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Really nice hats on everyone today.

Like Andy, I really like that Superfine, Casechopper. And the photo of you on the roof is awesome.

I went with a Knox as well. Similar shade, too. It is a Premier Madison Avenue.

qu3eta7u.jpg
uvena7ub.jpg

Enjoy.

Matt
- A day without a hat is like night.

Last edited:

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Andy - great Stetson and outfit. Cleveland never looks bad from your photos.

Perry - Nice ribbon to crown balance.

Jhe88 - interesting band - I can imagine with a wideish ribbon it could look quite Fed like

Sam - you look like a man that means business :) Great Knox

Charlie - nice thinnie. How's the shoulder coming along?

Alan - the hat looks great (it took my eyes a while to adjust from a glimpse of the jacket though) ;)

g.d. - he's definitely delivered :)

Matt - great colour and a nice wide ribbon

job

One Too Many
Awesome hats today gentleman.

I'm wearing a FP whiskey TAR this afternoon.

fpw002_zps27015459.jpg

After I saw the pic I moved the ribbon down some.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Is it that this jacket goes well with everything, or that it goes equally unwell with everything. I can't tell.

I believe since you can't look at the jacket very long w/o going blind, focus is diverted to the hat. A fine tactic Alan ;)

Fellas, your all looking sharp as usual.

Thanks for the notes!

I believe since you can't look at the jacket very long w/o going blind, focus is diverted to the hat. A fine tactic Alan ;)

Reminded of an old joke, I'm just going to wear it until I need glasses.

Mulceber, I thought of you and Fluteplayer when I saw the UM connection. Maybe you can find out more about this maker? Seems long gone but once at 113 East Huron St.

Last edited:

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cold, showery and breezy so warm cap time. Harris Tweed from one of the Beaver Brand auctions:

Harris Tweed (jackets included) always need a bit of wear to soften up, this cap is slowly getting there.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Did you bid again, Josh. I saw your marker and was hesitant to bid... then fur frenzy got the better of me.

I was going to big again, but got tied up watching a movie and totally missed the auctions end. LOL :eusa_doh:

The fur frenzy is a dangerous thing. Every time I see an ancient furry lid like this, I get excited instantly!

Perry, Rusty, Richard, dh66, Mike, Manfred, Thanks!

Andy, Great early '50s Royal Stetson and overall look!

Perry, Your fuzzy Champ looks fantastic! As usual nice clothing match!

jhe888, Really like the band and brush on your black Stetson!

Sam, Super Knox Superfine! Sorry about the heating system issue.

hatsRme, Your Stetson ViteFelt O.R. is a winner!

Alan, Great to see the old brown Mann's Velour in action! It's a beauty!

g.durand, Very stylish VS Stratoliner clone! Really like the felt color.

Matt, Your Knox Premier Madison Avenue is a knockout!

John, Great looking FP whiskey TAR!

Richard, Super look as usual with Harris Tweed combo! Also like the stone wall background. :)

What a fantastic hat/color, Steve (and as ALWAYS, pristine)! Your derby of a couple of days ago also deserved special call out, just because the proportions and the FIT seemed just right... one of the very best derby presentations in our "neighborhood," IMHO.

Alan your parka either complements or contrasts EVERYTHING in perfect color harmony. Judiciously topped off by today's spectacular, fuzzy "Michiganer" ;) hat (from Ann Arbor).

Richard you should be the spokesman for the classic English gentleman look. The cap already looks comfortably broken in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld