Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice photos from yesterday - that one of your dad is very poignant, Alan.

First little snow shower of the season, here in NH. Penman Casablanca keeping me warm.

smugshot_1732688-L.jpg

Great hats and photos from yesterday folks.
Dave, nice hat, I wish I was in Casablanca right now.
TAR Tuesday Stratoliner for me. Unfortunately, no fancy band like Alan's for decoration, just an airplane pin.
gq51.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Steve, looks very sharp your Borsalino and the shape and brim wide works great for you!

G, great looking Lee and Cat my friend!

David, one of my favorite hats of your collection!

Perry, splendid Strat and sharp sweater!

Sam, always a special that Squatter!

Charlie, lovely Whiskey as drink and also as hat!

John, great Stetson Cap, looks great on you!

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Today I am wearing my Knox Extra Quality bowler. It was sold by The Harvey Clothing Company, sole agent for Knox in Tiffin, OH. I won it in a non-Ebay online auction for less than $70. I think that it was a steal.

From my research on the form, construction, seller, and Knox history I estimate the age to be from the 1910's. Can the more knowledgeable offer an opinion?

Aside from the curl, my favorite part of this hat is that it has the original price tag with the hand written stock number. Wearing it feels like wearing a time machine.

When I bought it, it was dented and filthy. In the auction photos it looked pretty darned sorry. Some steaming to clean it and repair the dents, and then brushing had great results. I considered a naphtha bath but refrained out of concern that it would damage the price tag.

The photos wash out the black color a bit. The truest color is shown in the photo of me wearing it.

a4e3ave4.jpg
4u6apa5e.jpg
eduqyqa7.jpg
zybymana.jpg
gy5u7uqy.jpg
3epevygy.jpg
u7agedat.jpg

Matt Barnes

Matt Barnes

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Tumwater Tuesday

David - it's snowing here too. Nice Penman. Very rich color to the felt.

Hatophile - the Strat is one hat I don't yet have. I've been watching you wear yours. You're making me think that it should be on the short list.

Casechopper - I'd never know that was a Squatter. I rarely wear mine because it's just so big. I have the Australia market version in a lightweight felt and sans liner. I like how yours looks.

Charlie - that Whiskey! the matching brim binding is just fantastic. Art does some amazing work.

Matt - very cool bowler. The right hat to put a smile on your face.

This Tumwater arrived in the morning mail. Midnite blue. Wonderful rich, dense felt. Love the ribbon work. Love the crease. An instant favorite.

View attachment 5970

View attachment 5971

View attachment 5972

View attachment 5973

View attachment 5974

Great old derby MMB. The scalloped edge price stickers were used on Stetsons during the early decades of the 20th century - I think you could be spot on with your estimate of teens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe