Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
David, tantilizing Tumwater.
Sizzling Sombrero Charlie you look ready for the Outback mate!
Heavenly Hommie Andy, you look like a Shorpie old time photo.
Royal Stetson heather gray today for me.
aaoa.jpg

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like that heather Stetson a lot Perry.

Like I said before. I've got to find one of those Akubra Sombreros. It's a great look Charlie.

For today: Akubra Campdraft
IMG_9601.JPG

MCrider

A-List Customer
ok gents a little of a conundrum. how important is the dimensional brim? it fits well and is in really good shape for a heritage grade fed III, but because I'm looking for the "indy" hat, I wonder if it will always bother me everytime I put it on, or if it's something I'll learn to love? what would you do in this situation?

It's a conundrum only you can answer. My thoughts? If the hat looks good on you (and it does) then what difference would a 1/4 inch or so more front and back make? But only you know whether it bothers you when you put it on. If it was me, I'd just enjoy it for what it is. And if you are looking for "the" Indy hat you probably won't be satisfied until you go through several different makers and custom hats for "the one." And by the way, I have both a Fed III and a Fed IV and love them both!

Thank you. I remember being very excited when it arrived. It was sold by the family of the original purchaser who passed away in 1943. Something about the hat and the brilliant color seems very Los Angeles to me.

I believe there is one other hat posted to the lounge (a homburg, if I remember correctly) which shows this liner.

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
Thank you again for the great comments, gents! Hopefully once the weather gets a bit cooler and less sunny I'll start wearing my stingy brims... Great hats as usual, and a special shoutout to HatsRMe I really like the sombrero!!

Today my Stetson Sportlite :D

ciY8FdC.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the comments on yesterday's Tumwater, guys. The Silverbelly is one of my absolute favorites. Actually yesterday was just a great hat day for everyone by the look of things.

Change of pace for me today with a Cordova cap.

smugshot_1554514-L.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Barca3 - very sweet Stetson. I haven't seen anything quite like this one before. Any idea when it was manufactured?
David - doesn't matter if it's a fedora or a cap - you always look quite dapper. Interesting styling on the cap - nice variation from the typical 8 panel.

Wearing my VS Anasazi today, along with a turquoise Bolo by Navajo artisan Leroy Begay.

View attachment 5604

View attachment 5605

Breakfast today was one of the best I've had in ages. The cheese is Humboldt Fog - a California award winning blue that really is nothing like the European blues. Much milder, with an ending of salty goodness. Goat milk, but not overpowering. The kalamata olives are available at my local food stores. And both drizzled with olive oil. The briny taste of the olives, goat milk cheese and olive oil go sublimely with the sweet grapes. And of course, some green tea from Harney and Sons.
View attachment 5606

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe