Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landman

One Too Many
Alan,

Your Stratoliner is a perfect match for the hat Richard was wearing in Boardwalk Empire last year. I know Stratoliners were not around during the timeframe of Boadwalk Empire but the hat he was wearing looks just like yours. I think there is picture of it in that thread. I'll see if I can find it.

Landman

One Too Many
Here it is. A screencap of Richard's hat.

bwthin.jpg

Boardwalk Empire seemed to have experienced a thin ribbon revival last season. When I whine about the period accuracy or lack thereof in BE my wife (the costume designer) tells me to stop whining. I've been recording this season but have yet to find time to watch it.

Richard's hat actually looks a little more like my earlier Vita-Felt Strat. Hunting through the reams of WHAYWT photos to find this, it occurred to me that I have bigger issues to confront than the hat accuracy of BE. :eeek:

112912.jpg

Landman

One Too Many
The vid cap I posted is not too good. I just remember when I saw the episode that the ribbon on his hat seemed to be more pinkish like on your most recent Strat.

My girlfriend is tired of hearing me whine about incorrect hats too. I've learned to just keep quite about it!

You need to catch up on BE. It's been pretty good so far this year.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
The black beast seems to have browned out nicely
Lol! I wish. The browning out is just the poor picture quality of my cell phone camera. Probably the same poor quality camera that was used when I first saw pictures of this hat before I bought it! Except in those pictures the hat looked Gray....

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Busy day, and just spending a few minutes catching up. Excellent hats from all as usual folks, and too many for individual comments, although I will say a special mention to Alan's Strat and Steve's Habig.

Wet and breezy in a fed:

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
Fine day for hats today, gents! Excellent choices all around, simply wonderful :D

Today I wore my Stetson Sportlite hat, tried a different crease but I didn't like it... I will stick with the old crease.

TTYOVXr.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
HB3--I agree. I like the older crease better. Is the weather cooling down a little bit? I spoke to someone in my family last night and they mentioned having a lot of rain lately. Good for hat wearing. I'm hoping to get down there soon.

I haven't had a lot of time to spend here of late, and catching up is hard to do. To everyone who has commented on my posts recently, thank you all.

The Rag And Bone Man

One of the Regulars
Fantastic hats gentlemen, TJ I must admit I have a chuckle every time I see the black beast, I know you have been trying hard for sometime now to move him on to a new home.

Mate it looks like you and him are partners now, and no matter how much effort you put into selling him, he takes a firmer grip.

Anyway mate, thanks for your comment on my steel grey squatter, I love that hat..

And once again beautiful hats gentlemen..

job

One Too Many
Nice travel Borso coach.

David, Your Whippet looks so good it could have been stored in a time capsule.

Lambskin newsboy today.

eec6b6b4-2a33-4207-ab34-15905b067359_zps5395daeb.jpg

ALL BEAUTIOUS hats, today (I think that's a word). MUCH better than yesterday... (better and BETTER every day!)

Whippet GOOD, Dave!

Coach, DJH is correct... just let Zel have the hat. So beautiful!

Gdurand that magnificent Mallory made it to Mercredi!

job that lambskin lid is lovely, lad!

HamilcarB, I agree with GDurand, it's a great hat, but I prefer the other way. Keep bashing, bud!

Richard your look in the inclement weather was comforting... snug as a bug in a rug under that brim!

I grabbed an M&K Custom...
IMG_5978_zpsc33a9815.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe