Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Bartender
Here is the 'new' finger blocker, Mike will be getting the boiler hooked to it in a few weeks.

luvt.jpg

m1j3.jpg

Jeff... I thought you would like to see the curl that the new brim curler can do.
This was just a first prototype.
Let me tell you its a deep curl!!

4g08.jpg

tz63.jpg

7dwv.jpg

I took this shot of a special gift Mike recieved.
Ol Hoot wore a tall crown!

5e35.jpg

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks HamilcarBarca3. Maybe you guys are right. I'm still trying to get used to it. Looks as though Black Squatters maybe hard to come by these days. But I'm lovin' the suit and fedora combo my friend. Real classy look! Seems the youngster's enjoying the hat as well!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I have been enjoying the summer evening. Slight breeze to shoo away the bugs and cool enough for a fedora (VS Wanderer in light weight dove). My PWD, Tris, was an unwilling photo participant.

DSCN5462-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

g.durand

One Too Many
Eric--Beautiful VS, and the Exec from earlier looks just like mine. It's also a deeper chocolate brown..

m0nk--In keeping with the Moonstone Akubra theme, I'll join the party today with the Campdraft. The backdrop is the lighthouse at Point Reyes National Seashore. They say this is the windiest spot on the west coast. It was windy enough.

photo-54_zps3bd45963.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Wow, cool Rusty! Thanks. That deep curl is intense. Bet it would look really good on a tall guy, maybe a little overpowering on someone vertically challenged like myself. (?) The finger blocker is something special.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Mike, the sovereign is sweet! What did Bob do to it?

Pretty much a complete refurb Jeff. Former owner put it away wet 40+ yrs ago so quite a bit of sweat staining, sweatband shrink, and moth tracking too. Ebay pixs and description made it look and sound near mint. Bob cleaned it, stretched it, pounced away about all the mothing evidence and then gave it the nice bash and optimo crown. He was able to salvage the sweatband too.

Moonstone is a great color g. and looks like the wind trolley came in handy too.

Last edited:

g.durand

One Too Many
My brother and his daughter were visiting this weekend. My wife and I took them out to the Point Reyes National Seashore. The Campdraft was the hat of the day. It was in the 80s inland, but the cool marine layer did not dissipate out on the peninsula.
Photo1-176_zpscfcb4603.jpg

Photo1-175_zps15fb80d7.jpg

IMG_2971_zps9d3e010f.jpg

IMG_2970_zps1bd61202.jpg

IMG_2967_zps606c42da.jpg

I need to educate my brother about hats.....
Photo1-171_zps8d637a35.jpg

Last edited:

RBH

Bartender
Thanks Jeff. I believe you could wear that curl, while the hat was not Mikes size it really looked good on him.
All it needed was a little dip in front and back.

Thank you MOK and Mike.

GD, the Campdraft looks great on you.
One would suit your brother as well I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe