Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Looking good everyone. Great hat wearing weather today. My Tumwater.

DSCF2974_zps0d0adc95.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
David & HatsRme - nice Milan.
AL - Lovely hat and great photos again.
Andy - I like that Campdraft colour - I've just ordered my first Fed in Tawny Fawn - not sure how close it is to the Taupe Fawn.
Qvist - the Stingy does fine, and the panama looks good.
Sam - a nice trio, the cap looks great and I always enjoy the Carlotta.
GTDean & Robert - Nice Stetsons
Perry - suits you!
Alan - that felt looks remarkably pliable - lovely hat
TJ - despite your reservations I think the campdraft looks great on you.
BJ - very nice.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Chepstow, ManofKent, Orangegrad, Rogera...thanks Gents. I appreciate the comments. Black hats certainly have their admirers. I guess my biggest complaint with Black is that the color seems to mask the details of the hat, except under certain lighting. Everyone who has seen me wear it says it either looks like an Amish hat or a Billy Jack hat. In any event I love the style of the Squatter though. I'd definitely buy another in a different color. Unfortunately, it looks as though the Squatter will no longer be available in the U.S., and I don't know if the Aussie Squatter would look the same. I'd be willing to trade my Black Squatter to anyone who has a Squatter of either a Brown or a Gray! ;)

hatophile, I love the Adams my friend! Excellent!

Qvist, Looking good in the Panama! The stingy brim looks good on you.

alanfgag, Now that's a hat! I love the looks of that Dobbs!...and it looks like it can be worn with just about anything.

B.J. Hedberg, Lovin' the Tumwater! Very nice!

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
Nice covers, guys! Lots of colorful hats with people to match.. Today I wore this Selentino hat before going out to eat.. I think the bowtie is a bit much, not really used to wearing them at all.

EuporPi.jpg

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Andy - I like that Campdraft colour - I've just ordered my first Fed in Tawny Fawn - not sure how close it is to the Taupe Fawn.

Richard - I have the Fed IV Deluxe in Heritage Fawn. If the Tawny Fawn is anything like Heritage Fawn, you'll find it to be very versatile - more versatile than this Taupe Fawn on my Camp Draft.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
An overnight trip to Omaha with my wife and kids...

One of the highlights for me was the wild animal drive-through safari. It wasn't really that awesome in and of itself, but it was really nice to be in the outdoors walking around in such lush scenery. I shared my Wormser OR clone with my son on this trip (usually he adamantly declines the usage of dad's fedoras)!

05bi.jpg

c2tl.jpg

5v37.jpg

4r13.jpg

We had a scrumptious spaghetti dinner at the Old Town Spaghetti Works where our host was eager to serve!

0jxw.jpg

j2w4.jpg

8nbf.jpg

HB3, Very nice Selentino (TONAK)! I think the contrast with the bow tie works well!

Perry, Thanks! Your Adam looks fantastic! Hope it's back on your head!

Rusty, Thanks! It cooled down a bit so I was able to wear during the day time.

Qvist, Nice stingy combo with the black soft felt and the panama!

David, I really like how the pug color matches with the straw color on your Portis Milan! Super!

Al, The weather looks fantastic! As I always a super photo series! Both of your OPTIMO Montecristis are stunning!

HatsRme, Great Sinatra vibe going with the Cav Milan!

Robert, Perfect form with your Stetson Standard Quality!

Andy, Hope you had a nice walk! Your Akubra Camp Draft is a winner!

Tom, Great choice with the Stetson Royal Deluxe Stratoliner!

Sam, Another great series! I especially like the W&W cap and the VS Carlota!

TJones, Super look with the black Akubra Squatter! IMO you can't go wrong with black hats!

Alan, Your Dobbs Hankachif Felt is a beauty! Really nice photos too!

B.J., Great ribbon and felt color combo on your Tumwater. Great photo too!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao Encarnado, I definitely love the Westerns and I'm really liking that Stetson! I've already been on ebay and a couple other sites looking specifically for a Western. I saw a couple nice Resistols.
Thank you :)
On ebay some are overpriced. Look careful.

You’ll have to forgive me, but as they say idle hands and all that. The other night I just decided I couldn’t take staring at my new Beaver Brand western’s too low of crown, so I took it apart, reblocked it, and made it into this. Not perfect but OK for $50. I think I’d like to get a western with a proper crown like this next year.
There goes another western… :(

I went this weekend to the Algarve (South of Portugal). I was only allowed to take 1 hat… so I choose this...
20130804.jpg

… the Resistol Buckskin diamond horseshoe.

In the morning the beach almost looked like a swimming pool!
20130805.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words!
RLK, YOU, sir, set the standard with that "Standard." It IS perfect.
OGrad. You really wear that CD right!
Mr. Dean, you're a classic, sir...
CaseC, Caps are your friend, my friend! There isn't a hat you can't wear, Sam.
Hato I am envious of that Adam.
Qvist that's a great slim and trim brim panama!
Alanfgag is IN DA HOOD WIT DA HANKACHIF FELT, UH HA!! Unfailingly amazing Alan.
BJ HEDBerg that is a most yummy-looking Tummy.
MAyserwegner... That really IS a SPECIAL Zefir! And thank you for the Sinatra reflection... I've seen that specific hat (style/ribbon) in an advertisement showing it to be owned by Benny Goodman. Better yet!
Ham.Ba3. GREAT Selentino for you today! Looks terrific, perfect proportions... Give it a little more tilt!
Joao: ONE hat... PERFECT choice.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Good to have you back, Al. As always, wonderful Panama, lovely photos.

Thank you. Great to be back home. Excellent Cavanagh Milan today!

Good morning Gents! Wonderful collection of Panamas this morning!

delectans, Beautiful Panama!

The mornings here in Central are getting chilly as the season winds down. For me this beautiful morning I'm wearing my Black Squatter

You are too kind! Definitely can feel the Autumn chill every morning here in MN as well. You look terrific in black!

Al, we have you back, I am glad you had a safe return! I really enjoy the fantastic Straw hat league on you!

Manfred, many thanks! Straw hat season is much too short, so I live in my Montecristis from June through August. :)

Awesome hats today everyone! Inspired by those beautiful Panamas of delectans I decided to wear my cheapo Panama for the evening in the garden with my wife.

You are very kind! You look great in your Panama, a natural! I am certain your wife would agree. Welcome, friend.

AL - Lovely hat and great photos again.

Thanks, Richard!

Al, The weather looks fantastic! As I always a super photo series! Both of your OPTIMO Montecristis are stunning!

I appreciate your kind comments very much, Steve. Your Habig Special Zefir is simply outstanding!

GREAT shots, beautiful scenes, and most important, it seems the seed has been planted. Adjusting his (well, your former) hat in the first picture, the "at ease" look he has in all the hat pics... the boy's a natural hat guy. Just wait... Well done Jeff!

g.durand

One Too Many
Good evening, gents. So many hats from today to comment on, but I'll just give everyone a collective :eusa_clap .

I wore the old Stetson Playboy this evening.
Photo1-164_zps852a0305.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe