Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Seems your weather in Cental Ohio was better than mine, TJ. I've worn my Panama once so far. Strangest weather for summer I can remember. Good looking Panama.
We had rain most of the day here but it finally cleared up a bit later in the afternoon. You guys getting it pretty bad up North?

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo It looks so nice!!!

I’ll go halfway. :D

Wearing my reformed Beaver Brand western tonight. After reblocking it straight, the crown was only 5 1/2”, so impossible to form into a fedora in my style, but the shape looked OK as a western so rather than risk surgery, I'll keep it as is. Rolled the brim more and tacked on the narrow ribbon from my old silverbelly Akubra Campdraft, although I wish I could find my glen gray one. So much better than the original tapered crown and studded leather band. Feel a bit like a cattle baron wearing it.

DSCF2794-2_zps8dec5028.jpg

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’ll go halfway. :D

Wearing my reformed Beaver Brand western tonight. After reblocking it straight, the crown was only 5 1/2”, so impossible to form into a fedora in my style, but the shape looked OK as a western so rather than risk surgery, I'll keep it as is. Rolled the brim more and tacked on the narrow ribbon from my old silverbelly Akubra Campdraft, although I wish I could find my glen gray one. So much better than the original tapered crown and studded leather band. Feel a bit like a cattle baron wearing it.

DSCF2794-2_zps8dec5028.jpg

I like what you've done with it BJ. It looks much classier now.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
TJ, g-durand, Jeff and Andy, thank you very much. Good to have only one hat on board so I have not the problem what to wear today. This question is mostly a problem!

BJ, I think all your hats looks sharp on you, you have the face to wearing hats. The Western hat looks fantastic on you!

Joao, ok, glad to hear that all is well!

Roger, great granddad, sharp Milan for the sun!

TJ, sharp look, well dressed with shirt and hat!

Jared, indeed, a good day for Western hats and a good day for us to see that beauty again!

g-durand, gorgeous Whippet, love that color!

Jeff, fantastico, sharp Western hat, really cool!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
A visit to Lago di Tenno!

Lago di Tenno is a lake in the Mountain, near Riva del Garda, a wonderful area to relax, to swim and to hang around!
Unfortunately, not with a dog! Dogs prohibited. We decided, to order a coffe and let the sons swim alone in the lake for awhile, they are old enough, 18 and 20! I used the time to shot some pics of the area and a photo with the look to Riva del Garda!

c1wr.jpg

A Panorama!
j0qi.jpg

Riva del Garda
63hs.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Hmmm decided to take a spin with this white 6x beaver Resistol.
20130728.jpg

That in the background is a "castle" by the end of my street.
castelopiriscas.jpg

Lucky me I returned home before it started to rain!
20130728rain.jpg

Remember, Portugal should be sunny as we are in Summer season with temperatures as hot as 40ºC...

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good Sunday morning. The 53'F overcast morning with occasional rain sprinkles in Minnesota has me enjoying felt fedoras during my morning walk with the dogs.

IMG_5671-M.jpg

The dignified and gracefull VS dove Stratoliner captures my discerning eye this morning.

IMG_5672-M.jpg

Enjoy the morning, Eric -

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Spectacular pictorials, Manfred and Jeff! :eusa_clap

Seeing these terrific photos of Summer travels on our return trip to Minnesota, I cannot help but feel sentimental. Wistful memories of discovery, of exotic locales near and far, of people, sights, smells and sounds, come rushing back with an indelible intimacy...

Thank you for sharing these wonderful images with us, my friends!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Marvelous hats as always, Gents, my hat(s) off to all! :yo:

A pity that the weather this Summer has been so dreadful in so many different places, but it is a treat to be able to see so many wonderful felt hats worn with such style at its height.

Great shots from your travels, Al & Manfred.

Cooler here today, a chance to wear this Stetson 25 Open Road style.

Thank you, David. You look terrific in the Stetson!

Al - is it your music that brings you to such exciting locales? Or are you just fortunate to be able to travel?

Andy, it is my great fortune to have an incredibly tolerant wife and son who share my passion for discovery, whether we are at home in Minnesota, or are traveling abroad. Music does seem to follow me wherever we go! It was not the impetus for this particular trip, however.

You are really posting some beautiful hats and Native American jewelry of late!

Great hats this morning from around the world gentlemen.

Thanks, John. Always enjoy your hats, and your newfound cap fancy.

Thanks for all the fine images shared from near and far, everyone.

Thank YOU for looking, Alan, and your kind comment.

A sincere apology for my delayed response, everyone!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Wearing my 3X Open Road and sporting another in my collection of Hawaiian shirts this beautiful morning in Central Ohio...

ux5m.jpg

Chepstowe, GamaH, I appreciate your compliments. Thank you.

Real nice Resistol J E. I love Western Hats!

SBG, I love the ribbon work on that VS dove Stratoliner!

Orangegrad, You finally got your cap from Hat People! Excellent! That's going to feel nice and light these hot Summer days.

I'm lovin' that Resistol Bowlerman. I gotta get me a Western Hat!

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the comments fellows.

Great fedoras and caps this morning. This thread is full of great and interesting shots with hats!

:eusa_clap

Sun came out and I felt the need to stroll. Just a pleasure to be outside this morning. Strolling around the lake in my VS Wanderer (granite colored felt) and a Pendleton. Lovely. A perfect way to procrastinate starting the yard chores.

IMG_5675-S.jpg

IMG_5681-S.jpg

Time to get to work.

Gasing up the lawn mower shortly, Eric -

Last edited:

Geldoc

One of the Regulars
Wonderful pix, Manfred. I've been to these lakes, and the others to the west - Como, Orta, Lugano, etc. They are so charming - elegant, not too congested. Glücklichen Urlaub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82