Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Glenburnie "Amalfi"

061713.jpg

Enjoyed seeing the many wonderful pictures over the weekend. Thanks for sharing with us.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Congrats, RBH. The shape of that brim is just right.

We just made it back to the car before it started pouring.
DSCN5210_zps1c4a7b53.jpg

DSCN5204_zps68eca24f.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Catching up...

Orangegrad - very nice akubra
Steve - Beautiful Borsalino
Justin - That Stetson Expo looks great on you
Rusty - Wedding hat (and wedding outfit) look great
WJ - Interesting ribbon work on that VS Whippet
Smoothsailor - great photo, great hat
Frank - nice looking 'sunday best'
Manfred - Beautiful cap
Robert - That's a particularly nice Milan
David - Great pugaree on that Stetson
Seabass - what a wonderful photo of your father
AnA - that whisky colour is lovely
GD - hope the cold is clearing - nice colour to that band
Sam - great cap
Perry - very nice straw
Viclip - thanks for the link to Cervelt - fascinating
Alan - another fine boater
Lefty - I love the wading photo - great hat too.

-------------------------

Sunday: Saint James Breton Cap

-------------

Today - Wegener:

Always trying to catch the crowd... Terrific weekend of hats - but of course, it was a great Fathers' Day...
We attended a great wedding at Searles Castle, in NH. An amazingly surreal setting for a wedding.
After the "slaughter," wearing a VS Oxblood w/vintage copper ribbon.
View attachment 1996
Today, a late 60's Knox stingy. I wear it occasionally because it's a 7-3/4 LO, and it fits.
View attachment 1997

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HatsRMe - I like that stingy. I know they don't get as much love as wider brimmed hats, and maybe being English I'm used to narrower brims, but I think they can make a nice change. They definitely deserve a place in a hat collection.

Thanks, Mano. There is a time and place for all hats!

And Speaking of Fathers' Day and stingies, here's my pop, at Logan Airport, June, 1971. He loved his Milans! I took this myself with my cherished Leica M3, W 135mm Elmar lens, on Kodachrome. THOSE lenses gave BOCA, even before the word was invented. I was in high school.

View attachment 1998

Last edited:
Catching up...

Orangegrad - very nice akubra
Frank - nice looking 'sunday best'
Manfred - Beautiful cap
Robert - That's a particularly nice Milan
David - Great pugaree on that Stetson
Seabass - what a wonderful photo of your father
AnA - that whisky colour is lovely
GD - hope the cold is clearing - nice colour to that band
Sam - great cap
Perry - very nice straw
Viclip - thanks for the link to Cervelt - fascinating
Alan - another fine boater
Lefty - I love the wading photo - great hat too.

-------------------------

Sunday: Saint James Breton Cap

-------------

Today - Wegener:

I am going to cheat (see above)! Great hats and caps over the weekend and earlier today!

Richard, Fantastic Saint James Breton cap and always great to see the Wegener Homburg!

HatsRme, Super VS Oxblood! Also your 60's Knox stingy is a winner! Also a great photo of your father!

g.durand

One Too Many
DJH--nice start to the day with the Portis. A really nice looking hat. I am somewhat better but stayed away from work again today.
gtd--I'm going to get one of those one of these days, and in Moonstone, too.
case--great looking cap. Caps look really good on you.
hatophile--that straw looks like a lot like the Dobbs I posted yesterday. Very nice choice.
Manfred--thanks again, as always, for your compliments. A nice Breiter Cap you were wearing yesterday.
orangegrad--very nice Akubra. Gray hats always work for me.
viclip-thanks for the link. Fascinating. Never heard of Cervelt, or at least hadn't been curious enough to research it, but now I know everything I never knew I wanted to know about it.
Alan--beautiful boater and a striking photo.
lefty--glad those straws didn't get wet.
winter_joe--nice bash on the Disney.
ManofKent--tasteful clothing/hat combinations both yesterday and today.
hatsRme--kudos on both of your presentations, too. Thanks for sharing the photo of your dad. I asked my brother to send me a scan of a photo of my dad wearing the hat he wore the most. It's a shot that is eerily similar to the one that The Wiser Hatter posted in the Non Shorpy Web All Stars thread of two wildcatters on the floor of an oil drilling rig in 1939, only 18 years later.
And finally--mayserwegener--that is just a beautiful Hückel, felt and ribbon combined.

Since I never left home today, I could wear as many hats as I wanted. But I only wore two.

Stetson Playboy
IMG_2672_zpsac562fea.jpg

VS Whiskey
IMG_2680_zpsfe3f0f48.jpg

CircuitRider

One of the Regulars
Thanks, Mano. There is a time and place for all hats!

And Speaking of Fathers' Day and stingies, here's my pop, at Logan Airport, June, 1971. He loved his Milans! I took this myself with my cherished Leica M3, W 135mm Elmar lens, on Kodachrome. THOSE lenses gave BOCA, even before the word was invented. I was in high school.

View attachment 1998

Did that lens require the reflex housing?

John Galt

Vendor
Thanks for the compliments on the Playboy gents. It is a beauty, and has a really nice, dense but also airy sort of felt.

Alan, that furry is a real sweet lid. Much class!

John

John Galt

Vendor
Thanks for the comments guys!
Nice Milan JLee, unique and cools style.
That style/color combo is very versatile orangegrad. It should serve you well.

For the moment: Resistol San Antonio
IMG_6043.JPG

Case, I like the Resistol on you. I don't have a San Antonio yet, but I do have several Resistols, and they are all quality hats. Indeed, LBJ's hat was a Resistol (a Wide Country, I think).

John

John Galt

Vendor
Jared, Javier, Steve, Sam - all nice hats guys.

Jared, I hope Steve comes through with your hat for you!

Warm here today and we are heading out to RibFest, one of the fun events on the local calendar. Wearing my Hopkins of Baltimore today

smugshot_7386805-L.jpg

Nice Hopkins! I just did some research on the Company, and am hoping the (grey felt) Homburg I saw at a local antique store is still available. Can't remember the exact quote from the old newspaper article that I read on Hopkins, but it was something to the effect that men had been wearing their straws for Straw Hat day for generations (before they closed shop). The same article credited the company with bringing "Panama" hats to the states.

John

John Galt

Vendor
John Galt, I have a very similar Stetson. Mine is a playboy but unlined. Was a thrift store find 3 or so yrs ago. COULDN'T pass it up for the price. Lovin' that hat since. I wear it so often it's gettin' a good bit scruffed up & really due for a Good cleaning.
Gotta find me another but hopefully in a brown

Wish the price on these and other vintage hats wasn't being inflated so much by TheOutdoorTeam. Still, I saw a similar Playboy go last week for a very reasonable price, and I bought a beigebelly 1950's Strat for $75.00.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Belated compliments for some absolutely ravishing photos posted on the past few pages, Charlie, Jeff, Bud, Blackthorn, Josh, Randall, and Alive'n'Amplified! :eusa_clap

Keep them coming, Gentlemen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe