Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Cool hat pics today! Wow - do you folks post a bad pic ever? Not to my recall.

Anywhooo...it is 71'F and sunny. Could not be a better afternoon. After getting home from the gym I have been spending time down on the dock or boathouse enjoying watching the ice melt and playing with the dogs. Wearing a 50's Stetson Stratoliner in silverbelly. This is the perfect silverbelly! I will wear this hat out from enjoying to wear it.

IMG_5040-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

It looks like spring has sprung everywhere this weekend. :eusa_clap

I spent the day sharing the sun with folks down by Lake Erie. First day of the year for a straw hat. Glorious.

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

g.jpg

Stayed for a quick look at Jupiter before heading home. Only had an iPhone with me but sometimes that is enough.

h.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Great photo set, Alan. Thanks once again for the glimpse beyond.

Very sharp profile, Che! Dare I say leonine?

Sturdy Dobbs, AnA.

MarkJohn, I hope to have your panama hat luck soon. This mediterranean sun is intense!

Eric, if any lounger deserves to bask in some warmth, it would be you. Enjoy the sun!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
What direction would I face in the Atlanta sky tonight to see Jupiter?

up!

I have to second all the comments, however. There have been some absolutely stunning lids and beautiful photography the past several days.

Alan and Che, great shots and those hats are really pinging in them.

DarrelMorris, cool bowler modification. Are there other pics? I'm curious to know how that hat started out.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Randall and A&A for the thumbs up. It is refreshing eather we are experiencing this weekend.

This morning the 55'F temps provide inspiration that the forecast 75'F temps for today might come to valition. I have completed re-anchoring the dock, doing some mast tie down repair on a boat and of course a dog walk. My Stetson OR 25 has been providing big shade.

IMG_5041-M.jpg

I hope my post finds you fellows enjoying the weekend. Best, Eric -

Updated: I started the wood, grill intending to slow grill a lamb roast, shortly ago. The warm work by the grill and woodpile, meant a change of costume (shorts and lighter top). Of course that means a change of hat! The pic below shows a 50's Adam Mainline. The Adam Executive Quality Mainline hat has a unique mesh liner and is very comfortable. Love the ribbon. Other Lounger's have examples of this hat. You can check the Adam Hat thread for great examples.

IMG_5047-M.jpg

Grilling and celebrating wamer weather with a Kona Brewing Co. Fire Rock Pale Ale. A beer at 11:00am - yes, because I can!

IMG_5045-M.jpg

Yet another update: The 75'F temps are hard to adjust to today. I started packing some felt hats and un-packing the milans/straws. I have been wearing my Ecuadarian Panama Hat Co. milan wthis afternoon. It is a fine and comfy hat.

IMG_5050-M.jpg

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
A shout out to Alan - SHOUT! Nice pics sir. Your pics highlight a gorgeous part of the US. Your pics of the sky watching prompted me to google jupiter's location in the sky and use my field glasses late last night. Thanks for the inspiration, as my wife and I enjoyed finding the planet. We sat on the deck sipping our favorite red wine and looking at the early morning sky. It was certainly too late at night to see the cresent moon Tonight, weather permiting, I will try again. Last evenings moon was bright in the sky.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:
Great shots, Alan! Was that your rig you were standing next to? What direction would I face in the Atlanta sky tonight to see Jupiter?

Thank you... I had Little Big Man set up with a binoviewer to observe the sun, but it was not visible in these pictures. Jupiter is following the same path as the sun, setting some hours afterwards. Look west after sunset and it will be the first "star" you can see as the sky darkens. It blazes when the sky is dark... the brightest thing in the sky after the moon and Venus.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
It looks like spring has sprung everywhere this weekend. :eusa_clap

c.jpg

WoW what great pics of the Big Star !

Alan,
now i have to plan a quick getaway to the coast again we do it to cool off but this is the best part Sunset !
Amazing Photos we enjoy them all ! I also dig the Vintage straw looks nice i hope we will get detailed shots later on.

Eric
glad to see the spring chores have begun. Looking good in the 25 !

Great hats again from yesterday guys ! im sure today will be a great day as well.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday morning, Falcon Park on the way to rehearsal

004vzv.jpg

Yesterday evening, Stratton "custom made" long hair on the way to performance

006wgb.jpg

I might even break a straw out today!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Great hats yesterday, sorry that I had have not enough time to comment all the great pics, but I was to busy with my flea market as a seller!

Jeff, fantastic hats for one day, you look very good in both!

Eric, looks like a great day with grilling and beer and so nice hats!

Alan, wonderful shots a pleasure to see it and by the way a great equipment and not to forget the nice self portrait!

Che, great photo and always a killer look!

g.durand

One Too Many
Cool enough for felt this morning but by afternoon it will be too warm. I just got the Optimo back from Chicago where it got a cleaning, a slight re-sizing, and a new sweat band. With warmer weather arriving here, this one may stay in the box for awhile after today.

IMG_2317_zps1cb2de48.jpg

IMG_23341_zps779f1849.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Eric, a triple play today OR-25, Adam Mainline (very slick hat !) & now Straw & Cold Suds im Tempted to go for a few!

B-Man, with his Duo, Did you break out the Straw ?

g-durand, Nice Optimo ! & cool reflection shot, did you park it for a cooler hat ?

Robert, & the Boss-o-Plains Type Great Color on that hat.......

Well a Slow Sunday my Way.Warm but not Hot. Well i can Deal with Heat.....
Vintage OR i got from my Pal Landman a while back.
Eric inspired me to don the OR, The Ultimate Brim Up Hat !
232323232%7Ffp73476%3Enu%3D364%3A%3E9%3B8%3E4%3C3%3E273%3B9%3B85%3B425%3Aot1lsi

Got My Fred Mertz thing going on today.
232323232%7Ffp543%3B2%3Enu%3D364%3A%3E9%3B8%3E4%3C7%3E273%3B9%3B85%3B825%3Aot1lsi

Not Time yet to water the Cactus
232323232%7Ffp543%3C5%3Enu%3D364%3A%3E9%3B8%3E535%3E273%3B9%3B862625%3Aot1lsi

Yea maybe i will open a Cold Brew !
232323232%7Ffp73482%3Enu%3D364%3A%3E9%3B8%3E4%3C%3B%3E273%3B9%3B85%3B%3C25%3Aot1lsi
:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe