Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what I'll wear today, but I rambled across this photo and something about the young wearer reminded me of Justin.

041313.jpg

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Lately I have been wearing a bowler almost every day. Yesterday I wore this one.

This is an old Stetson. Definitely not a hat to be invisible in. The crown is six inches high, and the brim curl is really dramatic. I don't enjoy the attention it draws -- people do double takes, their eyes widen, sometimes they grin -- but I love this hat, and wear it occasionally. Yesterday I was giving a presentation, so I was going to be a center of attention anyway.

Justin, that Stetson "The Avenue" is the sweetest thing I have seen recently. Brim up with side dents.

Soooo nice :eusa_clap... I really want a nice Bowler! I keep bidding but missing.

Jedwbpm - very, very nice!

Alive'n'Amplified - perfectamondo :cool:

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
A'n'A - The only time I was in Myrtle was during this same week in April, a perfect time to be there. I'm enjoying your posts--some great hats to have on vacation. It looks like you've got all the possible conditions covered.

Thanks. I figured two Milans were mandatory for the warm weather, and the felt Borso was lightweight, so it was perfect for any weather. :)

Fawcett Friday...VS Custom ArtLite Natural TAR....

Nice hat, Tom! Beautiful shade.

Black Cherry for Fawcett Friday

Your hats are always easy on the eyes, David! :thumb:

AnA, I love the up brim look on you, looks great!

AnA, sharp Borsalino and welcome back home!

Thank you, Manfred. I've been enjoying this hat a lot with the brim up. It's a nice break from the norm; it gets me out of my comfort zone. And thanks for the comment on the Borso. This has quickly become a favorite of mine! It's good to be home; a week away is enough for me, especially with kids. It was still tiresome from entertaining them all week. But WELL WORTH IT!!! This is a pic when we first got to our room; ocean front, so they were in awe of the water...

2C7193FD.jpg

Beautiful Penman, JT!! I love the bow and how the ribbon sits on the brim like that!

Carmack Whiskey

I never get tired of that hat, case. The color is always warm and inviting.

Just got this Royal Stetson in the original box... Any thoughts as to whether this is a Stratoliner or an Open Road?

Whatever it is, it's a wonderful hat! The crown is fantastic!! Tall, straight sides on the front and back, and the right amount of taper for that style of hat. Nice pic. :thumb:

My new-this-week VS sahara. Is it a Whippet!?

I really like your VS! With that binding, it is definitely a Whippet-styled masterpiece. And I'm not sure what looks more delicious; that pastrami or that hat!! :hungry:

Stetson Plastic Felt, buckeye color scheme.

Interesting hat, Alan. I like it. Is it better in the soggy weather, because of the plastic? Would seem to me that the water would bead right off of it.

Haha, thanks you two! I will just swap the brim pending on how I feel! Brim up w/side dents when I want to go with a look from the old ads, and brim down for more attitude ;)

And we will enjoy seeing it either way!

6" crown? DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :faint:

Bravo. :eusa_clap

Today the weather outside was wet and yucky so I wore my Federation IV in Carbon Grey.

Great looking Fed IV, Jeff. The lines are nice on that; you have a nice swoop to it.

I know I've said it before, Robert, but you always have an eye for matching up your hats with the rest of your attire. Whatever the case, nice ensemble. A great cap! Toasty. I hope you see warmer weather very soon.

More photos in the new hats thread. Maclachlan.

Glad you received the hat, case! Looks great. Are you going to put a wider ribbon on it or keep it original?

Preparing for an open house at our shop and studios tonight... fun opportunity to wear a hat indoors. I chose a very lightweight Statoliner in Vita-Felt.

041313_2.jpg

This is a once every three year event at our building which houses many art businesses, galleries and studios. I expect to sell a lot more greeting cards than anything else, but for anyone who might collect sun photographs in addition to hats, my prints will be 1/2 off tonight - happy to extend the sale to lounge members. You can see the collection here.

Denton, Great Stetson Derby! Would like to see it in action.

Jeff, Your Fed IV looks super! Also neat back drop!

AnA, Enjoyed your vacation pics! Your Borsalino is a winner! Also your Beaver Brand / Northwest Hats!

Robert, Sorry about the cold weather. As noted great combo look with your Grammercy Park early recycle cap! Also like the ear flaps.

Sam, Your new Maclachlan looks fantastic. Interesting brim treatment!

Alan, Beautiful Stetson Statoliner in Vita-Felt! Really like what you did with the brim. Your sun photos are always fantastic! Good luck with open house!

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
AnA, great Borsalino & Beaver Brand! Both look excellent!

Manfred, thank you!

Robert, that cap is just awesome!

Alan, haha! Great photo there! Your Vitafelt looks grand donned... I really like that brim swoop, and I hope the open house is a blast!

Case, that hat look great on ya! Give it a wider ribbon, and you are all set!

Mayser, very nice!

Jed, looks like a fun time! Great hat too.

Today, I wore the Stetson Expo (again), but I did not take any photos this time.

Denton

A-List Customer
Lovely gray day in Los Angeles. Perfect for an English bowler.

Fletcher's Specialité, Extra Quality. All or partly wool, unless I miss my guess. The ribbon bow is something to see, but, alas, it cannot be seen clearly in any of the pictures I just took.

Thanks for all the enthusiastic comments about my old Stetson. Mayserwegener, I don't think I will be posting any action shots -- I am just easing into taking pictures of hats, and I'm not sure that I will ever be comfortable taking pictures of myself -- but I want to take this opportunity to mention how much I have enjoyed seeing the pictures of your collection of fantastic lightweight melone hats. I take inspiration from them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld