Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had some luck lately, thrifting. I found this more modern 7X Stetson with the brim flanged upward all the way around...not sure of the official model or color(very light tan or silver perhaps) Anyone know the hat? I brushed the stains out and thought I'd give it a shape more to my liking. Maybe open roadish with a diamond crease. It has nice feeling felt...not too hard, smooth. What do you think, loungers?

P.S. nice hat Alan, very sharp on ya.

Thank you!

Congratulations on your new hat. 7X Clear Beaver is a respected and prized felt quality. You might enjoy spending some time on this thread to learn more. Many of the hats posted here are thin ribbon, bound brim dress westerns, worn brim up or brim down, some sold as "Open Road" and many with the same dimensions but without a model mark. Rarer are mode edge fedoras, but we have some examples of these as well.

As with most things Stetson, older hats are more wonderful than newer ones (IMHO, of course). Some close-up photos of the inside will tell more about the vintage and qualities of the hat you've thrifted.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Finding it hard to get going after enjoying the mid morning sun. Back to work shortly wearing my VS dove felt fedora.

IMG_4612-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Monte, sharp hat. The right hat to spring into action!

Eric, really nice, relaxed, photo of you. Gorgeous VS.

Alan, great combination your 7x with this fantastic looking coat! You rock it!

Monte

Practically Family
Thank you!

Congratulations on your new hat. 7X Clear Beaver is a respected and prized felt quality. You might enjoy spending some time on this thread to learn more. Many of the hats posted here are thin ribbon, bound brim dress westerns, worn brim up or brim down, some sold as "Open Road" and many with the same dimensions but without a model mark. Rarer are mode edge fedoras, but we have some examples of these as well.

As with most things Stetson, older hats are more wonderful than newer ones (IMHO, of course). Some close-up photos of the inside will tell more about the vintage and qualities of the hat you've thrifted.

Like I said, it's a more modern Stetson but good quality nonetheless. sorry so small.
cc81f303-2af5-4045-85fd-dcee23e16bf8_zps1c63f553.jpg

I found an old ad in a magazine where the "Stetson Open Road" looks like mine in the original shot I've shown.
OpenRoadAd_zpsb34b6102.jpeg
Western1_zps01bca587.jpeg

Monte

Practically Family
Welcome Meric - great hat for sure.
Thanks to Alan,
Manfred,
and Bowler. I appreciate all the compliments.
... it's nice to round out my collection with such a light colored, quality Stetson.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
That ribbon width looks good on you David.
Nice!!

Thanks, Rusty. This is an enjoyable hat to wear.

+1... wight wibbon width for sure.

Cheers, Alan - this wibbon is wather wight to wear. Nice shot of your 7XCB today.

Sam - I'm usually not a bowler fan, but you pull off the look with style. Very cool!

David, the quality of that felt shows on my screen.

Thanks, Monte. Nice Open Road you were wearing today. What a timeless style!

David, super VS, too. I like the gills on that baby!

Thanks, Jeff. Interesting Americana - is the chicken draped around the hat original or did you add it?

David, great executive, looks sharp, sounds sharp and he is sharp!

Thank you Manfred. This VS is totally inspired by Eric (Short Balding Guy) - he is the man when it comes to Executive hats, both Adam and VS.

And thinking of Eric, have to mention that great Dove VS today gracing SBG today

Robert - that Wigens is a nice looking cap.

Meric - welcome and a fine hat for your first post.

Like I said, it's a more modern Stetson but good quality nonetheless. sorry so small....

Stetson stopped labeling the sweatband & used a paper label attached to the sweat.
If your's does not have this label behind the sweat then the PO removed it.

Stetson put out lots of hats that are of the Open Road style but don't have markings as such.
My 7X CB is not marked so I refer to it as a 7X CB Open Road style...

TomS

One Too Many
Stetson stopped labeling the sweatband & used a paper label attached to the sweat.
If your's does not have this label behind the sweat then the PO removed it.

Stetson put out lots of hats that are of the Open Road style but don't have markings as such.
My 7X CB is not marked so I refer to it as a 7X CB Open Road style...

Good to know, Tom. thanks...

Monte

Practically Family
My 7X CB is not marked so I refer to it as a 7X CB Open Road style...[/QUOTE]

Thanx...7X CB Open Road style....(for Clear Beaver-cool)
It has been nice to get more 411 on my new hat. I sometimes forget how knowledgeable some of my fellow loungers are.

Roger, I can hear rain drops on my windows...it's supposed to turn into freezing rain and then a possibility of 8" of snow by Sunday, the last I heard.
I like the black ribbon of your hat against that natural color. (it's a straw, right?)

I found a couple straws (probably more modern by vintage standards) but the Resistol porkpie seemed to be made of something entirely not straw and very yellowish.

The Mallory is black in color but sure has a stingy brim and wide ribbon -- as I've stated, I look better with a bit wider brim to match my jawline.
I think about that hat all the time when I go out treasure hunting, so I may go snatch it up and post it later on to get some feedback on its age and how it pairs with my huge chin. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe