Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nigel said:
Nice hat Rusty, is there any chance of pics of your full collection? I've seen pics in various threads and I think we have similar tastes in hats and brim/ crown styles. Putting them together would make a great reference without digging through the threads and I'm sure the other guys here would like to see them.

I second that motion. :)

BobC

thunderw21 said:
1940s Champ Homburg. It's had a rough life but it's still a great hat.

me060.jpg

Looks great with the suit, thunder. ZZ Top is banging in my head as I type.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
thunderw21 said:
1940s Champ Homburg. It's had a rough life but it's still a great hat.

me060.jpg

thunderw21, I dare anybody to look at that picture and say it isn't a FABULOUS outfit. It belongs on a magazine cover! I had to look twice to notice you had mixed brown and blue, a concept which generates a thread here, once in a while. Your choice of tie and shoes blends the hat nicely with the suit. Well done!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Torpedo

One Too Many
Thunderw21,

I second the others: the whole looks great!

I must admit I am not much for mixing browns with blues, but if some elements do coordinate the different tones (as mentioned already), the ensemble can be agreeable.

Regards,

Daniel

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
J.T.Marcus said:
thunderw21, I dare anybody to look at that picture and say it isn't a FABULOUS outfit. It belongs on a magazine cover! I had to look twice to notice you had mixed brown and blue, a concept which generates a thread here, once in a while. Your choice of tie and shoes blends the hat nicely with the suit. Well done!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Torpedo said:
Thunderw21,
I second the others: the whole looks great!
I must admit I am not much for mixing browns with blues, but if some elements do coordinate the different tones (as mentioned already), the ensemble can be agreeable.
Regards,
Daniel

Thanks guys, you're too kind.

I really like doing brown with blue, but like you said it can be tough. Things have to be the right shade and tone.
I chose the tie to try to emphasize the red pinstripes on the suit. I never though about it going well with the redish-brown shoes but like you said, it works. The tie and shoes bring the plain brown hat right into the mix.

Thanks again, I appreciate it. :)

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
On the, "Where'd you get it?" about the Stetson Medalist; It was one of a three hat lot on ol' EB. Two Medalists (on in Med Brown with a 'copper' colored ribbon) and the Warner.
Gene...what are the specs on that medalist?

Stoney

Practically Family
AlanC said:
You tiny headed freaks! :whip:

It's great being a freak. The vintage hats are much cheaper. lol

Yo Thunder! I love the brown shoes/hat and blue suit. I thought I was the only one that did it.
It looks much better on you than me ( an old fart) though.

BobC

RBH said:
I promise that I will work on it.:D
By the way Bob... I like that hat in your avatar!!!

Thanks, that's my newest...Campdraft or Camp Draft. :) I'm lovin' it and it is softening up a bit.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
AlanC said:
^Yeah, I'm just jealous. A Cav Edge is on my 'I don't need one but want one anyway' list.

Its my fancy lid, and I'm scared to wear it much. Wore it to tonyb's today. The cavanagh edge adds something real special to a fedora and it is really unfortunate that it is no longer done.

Pat_H

A-List Customer
Well shoot, what with the news sounding more like 1929 today, rather than 2008, I had only to choose between my newsboy and my Stetson Fedora. Went with the Fedora, saddle shoes, sports coat and tie. A 1929 sort of day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe