Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Wow! In Belgium it is actually cool enough to wear a felt hat and a sweater, too. I'm impressed with the whole outfit. I especially like the red shoe laces! :eusa_clap

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
THE SUPERNATURAL

I have to steam it a bit to shape the brim but I like it upturned. 2-3/4" brim and 5" crown.

DSCN5943.jpg

DSCN5947.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Panama (Christy's of London) with brim upturned also!

I've started wearing the Panama with the brim snapped 'up.' I think it looks much better, especially if it's not a big brimmed hat.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Today I wore this "Trimble". I believe it's from the 50's, if anyone is familiar these hats or seen them before I'd appreciate some info on it. Thanks.

Trimble3.jpg

Trimble2.jpg

Trimble4.jpg

Trimble5.jpg

I forgot the pic of the sweat & the inside, sorry....I'll get it....it says it's water-proofed.

Here they are......

Trimble6.jpg

Trimble7.jpg

Trimble8.jpg

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
DOUGLAS said:
I have to steam it a bit to shape the brim but I like it upturned. 2-3/4" brim and 5" crown.

DSCN5943.jpg

DSCN5947.jpg

The Supernatural lools Super Cool, Douglas.....I have to applaud you on your bowtie as well.....Classy as always!!!

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Douglas, I've toyed with turning the brim up in front; my wife won't let me get away with it.

Dinerman, I just got a "Mr.Disney," myself. Amazing quality. Pics later.

Bolthead, That Trimble is quite unusual, in a rather likable way. Lately, Im intrigued by hats that have the bow in back.

GREAT HATS, GUYS! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Today I wore my panama hat from a panama hat shop in St. Augustine. I don't really like this hat since I feel the brim is too short and the front is not very tight in the pinch. I feel that it makes my already fat head look even bigger. I have ordered 2 cheapie panamas from PHD that I got on ebay, 1 for me and 1 for my wife. I have also ordered a hat from panamabob for my wife and a Montecristi for myself at the advice of someone on here.
P.S. My wife already told me to stop looking so solemn.
Johnny029.jpg

Tried tilting it a little to see if that looked better.
Johnny030.jpg

RBH

Bartender
indycop said:
Tried tilting it a little to see if that looked better.
Johnny030.jpg
Hey IC, it really looks good IMHO, but on me I like the brim down all the way around on a straw. Also wet the front pinch down with some water and tighten it up a little. [wet it enough so you can work the straw without cracking it] If this hat is one you will not wear because you think it does not look right do a little work on it. I think when you get done you will be surprised.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Actually, I would if I could but this hat is so called pinchproof. It has a reinforcement type thing on the inside to keep from wearing a hole in the pinch.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
indycop, I think it's one great looking hat, as it is. I wouldn't say the brim is too narrow, nor the pinch too wide. In sum, it looks fabulous plus! Of course, Jessica Rabbit has a way of making things look that way. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Today I went to a tree nursery to look at trees and plants, gave my mother a shady brady to wear and I wore my panama wide brimmed hat, with a stampede (or wind) strap.

karol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
J.T.Marcus said:
indycop, I think it's one great looking hat, as it is. I wouldn't say the brim is too narrow, nor the pinch too wide. In sum, it looks fabulous plus! Of course, Jessica Rabbit has a way of making things look that way. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Oh yeah, she's a definite favorite of mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust