Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Jeff; I do like your pics with the bowlers. It works for you.

Moss Green - congrats sir. Lovely rich color in person. Art prepares the felt in such a way that the surface while being smooth has a roughness that adds visual appeal. It catches the eye. The moss green is very versatile with shades of clothing. To my eye it is a classy rich color and conjurs up images that benefit some of my more slumming attires. Good for you. Anticipation is fun, but wearing the hat is even more.

Best, Eric -

Eric, thanks! I meant I was going to don my dark moss bowler today, but since you mention it, I am in the process for my first VS-- going basically with the "Bobby Blue" model!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Eric, thanks! I meant I was going to don my dark moss bowler today, but since you mention it, I am in the process for my first VS-- going basically with the "Bobby Blue" model!

Apologies for my jumping to the conclusion of your VS in Moss Green.

Bobby Blue is sharp! (Further up the Road, by Bobby Bland, is truly a soul blues classic.) That will make a real statement when you wear it with your "work" suit or to gigs. A road hat!

BobbyBlue-vi.jpg

Best wishes Jeff.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
I have tried to do side dents, but I am very horrible at setting them in. I make them really uneven, and it looks lopsided.

I figured it is a fedora, but it just doesn't have that 'fedora' brim to me. It looks goofy if you try to ben the brim down, and the way the sides are, it looks off. Like I said, a hollywood brim works a bit, but it likes to be wither up around, or down. No in-betweens!

Also, thanks for the comments!

Bowlerman and Eric, your hats both look sharp!

~ J

Jaxworx

Familiar Face
Jaxworx, very nice photos. PS. Is your Dog ok ?

Thank you, Chepstow.

Indeed, Tucker's better off than we dared hope. His cancer turned out to be the rare (5-10% chance) bone cancer that doesn't aggressively metastasize. His outlook went from "maybe a year, with amputation and chemo" to "probably three years or better, further chemotherapy NOT required" -- which is top o' the chart for a cancerhound.

Got his staples removed today, and we celebrated with a little street party (i.e. a very short romp in front of the house). Today's party hat is "the Sloop John B," my 4X beaver Open Road in silverbelly. This one had to be reshaped to quit giving me headaches, longer and narrower fer me aulde hatchet head. I'd like to work it a little more for a curlier brim and more drop front and rear, but I can't complain about it today.

295729_10151251776578469_1823876812_n.jpg

I can't complain about anything, actually. Today's news, all by itself, was better than ibuprofen for staving off headaches. Heartaches, too.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
What a happy day at the Lounge! You all look sharp in your lids, not one exception.

Alan, so was a decision reached as to which school? Perhaps more reconnaissance is in order? :eeek:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Been a crazy day and this is the first time I've had a minute to check in here - nice hats all around guys!

Best Lounge News of the Day is that Tucker is doing well - great photo too, Jaxworx.

I've been enjoying wearing one of my favorites today, my Penman Casablanca.

smugshot_8128047-L.jpg

lauro13

One of the Regulars
Jax, that is so awesome. I've had so many people fall prey to the big C lately that it seriously brings tears to my eyes whenever any one be it human or animal beats it!!!
jared: is that at Ocean Beach? I surfed it today around 1pm, started at the Cliff house but do to the currents, I quickly got swept to Sloat Ave.
Wearing my new to me 3X Open Road. Had the girls at Paul's re-block it for me but it still has a few lumps. I'm a bit of a newby so I don't know if this is do to poor workmanship or if the hats condition is to blame.

a>

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Perry-- now that's a smile! Enjoy your time off! Excellent choice of headwear.
Mystic-- agreed, that is one fine Whippet.
Jax-- please add my positive sentiments to you and your hound-- really wonderful news, and thanks for the update!
David-- Very appropriate B&W for that Casablanca. Nice!
Jared-- MAN, I had forgotten about that one momentarily. This is my favorite photo of your Dillinger. Love the leather jacket, shades, and the hills behind you. Are you standing in the bay? Where is that?
lauro13-- Open Road? You're rocking that brim up look! Not one I could pull off with my rather round face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe