Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0nk

One Too Many
Al, I have to say again how amazing that hat looks. And Alan, a nice, classy Stetson there. You both have amazing collections and I can only hope to get there some day. :eusa_clap

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
091012.jpg

ss14.jpg

Alan I rarely post here, just too hard to keep up with all the great looking posts (especially yours) but this is about as perfect a profile as I've ever seen. Great lines on the Stetson, especially the brim, and you could pass as a Rockwell icon. I hate you :)

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Eric, the Bluesmoke is a Jackpot Hat!

Al, the Optimo is a wonderful hat with clear lines, silverbelly a great color too! Congrats for the Bronze medal!

Alan, sharp hat, full crown, bash , shape! Excellent!

Alan I rarely post here, just too hard to keep up with all the great looking posts (especially yours) but this is about as perfect a profile as I've ever seen. Great lines on the Stetson, especially the brim, and you could pass as a Rockwell icon. I hate you :)

Mike, this hat has an amazing profile. I only serve to screw it up a little.

cheers,
Alan

Eric, The VS BS looks super!

Tom, Your Stetson Whippet is outstanding!

Al, Great photos as usual! The Optimo NSB is fantastic! I watched the bronze women's epee team match live online. It was an amazing finish!

Alan, Beautiful Stetson SQFW! I really like the long side dents!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Alan: I am very excited, and could not be happier for Susie and Ro as well as the rest of the USA Womens Epee Team! Those old Standard Quality lids really are exquisite. Some of my favorite hats.

m0nk: Thank you for your comments, you are too kind! Alan, amongst several other loungers who come quickly to mind, certainly has an outstanding and carefully curated hat collection worthy of any museum. I have no doubt that you will be able to build a similar collection given patience, determination, and a suitably small noggin! ;)

Manfred: Many thanks, my friend. This is a very special hat for me. The proportions, lines, and the natural beaver belly color make it the most versatile felt hat in my rotation.

Randall: Thanks for posting the video!

bond: Appreciate your kind words. Many missed the fencing events due to NBC Sports' woeful neglect of our sport, limiting television coverage to a few Saber and Foil bouts. As it turned out, our Womens Epee Team secured the only fencing medal of these Games for Team USA.

Dan: lol Glad you caught that! The photo was not cropped, and I included it because I thought it amusing as well. Fencing competitions are expensive, time-consuming, and high-pressure, stressful affairs. They are definitely not critical to the enjoyment of our beautiful sport.

Steve: Thank you for your kind words! Did you keep one eye open and one eye closed for the last touch? lol Gorgeous Echter Borsalino!

Last edited:
Al, Thanks! I was very worried because Kelsey in men's epee individual had lost two OTs and nothing had gone right for US Fencing up to that point regarding medals (top 8s and 4s but no medals). BTW I have no idea about this OT stuff because we don't even have to keep time in saber. :)

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Just fantastic stuff day, everyone. Love the fencing shots, Al - the Silverbelly isn't too shabby either! Great hats all around today actually.

My photo from early this morning seems totally inadequate, but at least Mr. Main Street is rather cool.

smugshot5200891-L.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Al, Thanks! I was very worried because Kelsey in men's epee individual had lost two OTs and nothing had gone right for US Fencing up to that point regarding medals (top 8s and 4s but no medals). BTW I have no idea about this OT stuff because we don't even have to keep time in saber. :)

Hehe I know of what you speak! ;)

Love the fencing shots, Al - the Silverbelly isn't too shabby either!

Thank you, my friend! Your Mr. Mainstreet is one of my favorites and definitely one of the coolest hats in the lounge.

m0nk

One Too Many
m0nk: Thank you for your comments, you are too kind! Alan, amongst several other loungers who come quickly to mind, certainly has an outstanding and carefully curated hat collection worthy of any museum. I have no doubt that you will be able to build a similar collection given patience, determination, and a suitably small noggin! ;)
Thanks, and I certainly meet one of the requirements there; I'm an even match for Alan with a size 7 noggin. :D

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Flick: Welcome to the lounge, friend, and my sincere thanks for your kind words! Glad you enjoyed the photos.

Alan: Thank you! Ryan and I joined the Nationalist Army for the photo op. lol The museum staff created the diorama of a 1940s field headquarters, and set aside two sets of fairly accurate reproduction uniform jackets, trousers, and even officers' field service belts for visitors to put on and take photos with. We "borrowed" the authentic, period caps from the two mannequins for our photo shoot, as I thought the photos would not look correct without the service caps, which were, to my surprise, quite large.

We had a terrific time "reenacting" while Lydia took the pictures. The fact that the museum was largely devoid of visitors meant that we could play around with the uniforms at leisure without others waiting to mug for the camera. We must have "planned" battle tactics for a good thirty minutes!

scooter: Thanks, and I agree, the most interesting subjects are people. More to come...

Manfred: lol Thanks, my friend, I appreciate it! Never before have I posted photos in b&w!

Mike: Be prepared for more! :essen: Thank you for your kind comments.

Last edited:

m0nk

One Too Many
I didn't get any good shots of my hat today, but I did get a nice birthday cake from everyone at work. And they went the extra mile by putting a hat collage on top!

3F3C2D16-A79F-4EB1-B0C3-8BC79DD17CB0-1743-000002BF92AD41B8.jpg
That's awesome! And is that a Stetson Saxon or a Dobbs Golden Coach front and center? I see a pin though can't tell which it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe