Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, nice shots on the beach, looks like you are the only one with a hat!
But doesn't matter, you rock it with the cool Western hats!

Thanks. Most men use ball cap. Some use a panama, some use straw. I'm the only one using felt.

I love your pictures, AL and Joao... thanks for sharing them.

Glad you like them ;)

Joao is doing very well in those big hats. That is how they're supposed to look.
Thank you. I like your Stetson No1.
Alan's got a bodacious wide brim that should draw some attention. When I wear the wide-brims, I feel like it's a projection of confidence, that I may not otherwise have.

I only use wide brim hats :)

scooter

Practically Family
Joao, happy birthday, looking good in your wide brims!

m0nk, the Fed IV definitely does NOT belong in the closet. Very nice!

TPD, that Adam Coronet is sublime! If you ever get tired of it, let me know!

Alan, that brim is a bit too wide for my taste, but you look pull it off with aplomb. Interesting crease, too!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Manfred: Thank you, my friend! You are always too kind.

Alan: Love that old No. 1, but holy buckets, that second picture makes it appear that the hat is pulled clear down to the nape of your neck! lol What a glorious lid, and wonderful photos, too. I feel as if I could reach out and grab the hat from atop your noggin.

Thanks for your kind remarks. If it were not for the fact that the Huesmann was a size(closer to two) too small, it would have come home with me. Fantastic, dense felt of quality, gorgeous color with some discoloration in the rear, and with the sweatband marked only with the Huesmann logo and a taped rear seam. Oh, shucks, I just talked myself into going back for it...:eusa_doh:

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
VS Camilla (Hitchhiker)
IMG_3465.JPG

IMG_3466.JPG

IMG_3467.JPG

IMG_3468.JPG

IMG_3469.JPG

IMG_3470.JPG

IMG_3471.JPG

Alan: Love that old No. 1, but holy buckets, that second picture makes it appear that the hat is pulled clear down to the nape of your neck! lol What a glorious lid, and wonderful photos, too. I feel as if I could reach out and grab the hat from atop your noggin.

Isn't that an odd picture? Despite the unflattering angle, it does show the side view and ribbon well.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Spruce green Stetson Stratoliner and a Baracuta jacket for morning chores. This mornings 60'F temps and breeze were a welcome early Fall change.

IMG2666-M.jpg

All day felt weather is almost here! Best, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Walked over to pick-up roasted coffee. It is now in the 70's F and I wore a woven fedora for the jaunt.

IMG2675-M.jpg

Like other newer fedora fans, I am still working out what features I wish in a panama hat. This one is $1.87 from G.C. Murphy Co. It is not a special weave, special ribbon or even a superb finished back weave. It has a 1" pug/ribbon - very unique. The brim has recently taken a bit of wonkiness after being in a light rain. Although to my eye, it has a special patina that makes it easy to grab and wear.

IMG2678-S.jpg

IMG2677-S.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Alan; It looks marvvvvelous! Simply marvvvelous. In your shoes I would wear it right up to Halloween. I imaine that wearing that hat would prompt a lot of replies from the public that would not be coming forth on a normal hat day. Classy and different should be a stopper on the streets in Buffalo.

I have thought about those hats since the many postings this summer and have imagined that hat maintenance would be easy for this model. Keeping the felt clean and shaped -easy. There is enough brim to protect the crown from bangs and bumps. The woven crown appears to be substantial enough to wear it and not worry about protecting it. I like the model.

You wear it well. best, Eric -

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Perry, that looks good on you, very nice the Borsa!

Eric, that is the lovely Strat, yes, it is a wonderful Hat!

Tom, yeah, the OR looks great on you, a welcome from me!

Alan, Coffe with cream, that sound good!
Man, that is a stunning Hat and the wide brim is gorgeous. Perfect for you!

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
Awesome combination Alan! Coffee and cream is one of the best I can imagine in a Dualist. Too bad the weather is changing so much here and after I ruined my last Panama in a rainstorm I am a bit reluctant in buying this kind of hat. :eusa_doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe