Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Walking to supper and admiring the lights of Taipei 101.

More so than major American metropolises, Taipei has a seemingly endless selection of eateries and restaurants. It seemed to me that the most prolific and common business in Taipei involve food.

August 8th phonetically sounds similar to "pa pa", or father, and so is celebrated as Fathers' Day in Taiwan. I found this poster plastered outside of the restaurant most amusing.

And so we celebrated Fathers Day for the second time this Summer. The steak was superb.

As was dessert.

It is customary for tea, coffee, or drinks to be served after the meal. Mango/Honeydew juice.

Last edited:

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Carmack Whiskey again today
IMG_2121.JPG

IMG_2122.JPG

IMG_2126.JPG

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for sharing Al. I'll never forget the cab ride from the port to downtown we took back in the 70's. Some of the wildest rides of my life took place on public transportation in Asia :) How come I feeling hungry?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the Knox comments, guys. This hat was one of those great $60 eBay deals that it is always good to stumble upon.

I got a Dobbs 20 at around the same time. Of the two, the Dobbs has the nicer felt (and Cav Edge) but is a little heavy for this time of year.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Case, cool Hat and goes for every day!

Mike, looks good this stingy Wormser nice pug too!

Steve, I am always pleased when I see a Homburger. This Hat is made for you!

One Too Many
St.Croix Valley Dog Show this morning. Leaving before 7:00am to get to the show site in time to groom the dogs, exercise them and be ready for 8:30am show times. The weather is the in-between 65-70'F overcast, with higher humidity. Any wind it feels cool, wind stops it feels wet. Pendleton Board Shirt, shorts, and the VS Art-lite Silvermist fedora are working GREAT!

IMG2566-M.jpg

I have a smile as I am with my wife. Isn't she a cutie! Even when she was protesting saying, "do not take my pic as I have not dressed or put on make-up yet." I haven't dressed up or put on make-up, what is the problem?

Evidently my "big body" blocked your view of dogs in the ring. Here is another shot showing that dogs actually were in the ring.:eusa_doh:

IMG2560-M.jpg

Terisa (my wife) and I watching the beginning of the Port.Water Dog Specialty. Our dogs will head in shortly with a handler.

Best, Eric -
Nice pictures, Great Family and "Matador white" what a hat ¡¡¡¡

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Alan and Al, you rock this thread with your beautiful photo sets! Thanks to both of you!

Al, as always, you have an eye for the details and all photos are very well documented, that is great that
you share this with us!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Mike: Thanks. Much has changed in Taiwan since your harrowing cab ride in the 70's. We found the cabbies in Taipei uniformly friendly, polite, and easily engaged in pleasant conversation. We even enjoyed a discourse on old jade and the antiques market with one cabbie while stuck in traffic. Their incredible skill at avoiding the legions of scooters more than offset their penchant for finding the seams in traffic.

Manfred: Thank you as always. It is my great pleasure to share them with you.

Once again, Alan, thanks for the photo set. Very enjoyable armchair travel.

(I wondered if perhaps Robert Battle is related to Kathleen, but a quick search didn't yield the connection. That would be too much talent for one family anyway.)

Interesting... not that I know. Thanks Randall.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Alan and Al, what extraordinary lives you both lead! Thanks for sharing these pictorials with us.

I love that shot of Buck, Alan.

Al, I can't decide whether my eyes are welling with tears from the amazing and insightful beauty of composition you have in these photos, or whether my stomach growling after your food fotos will take precedence. I particularly enjoyed the shot of you with your Optimo in front of the temples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe