Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, guys for the nice words about the Borsalino Pocket. I love this one, the finish and lightness of the felt are some of the best I've ever handled.

Alan, I bet you're one of the sharpest dressed patients today.

I did notice I was one of the few without a walker. The doctor made a nice comment on the hat and began a story about four generations of docs in his family and his grandfather who graduated UB medical school in the first decade of the 20th C. and how patients used to dress up when they came to the doctors office (which was a home office) and how difficult it was to hear a heart beat through a whale bone corset... and I was thinking how late the appointment after mine was going to be. That was before we got started on politics. :)

I love the brim stitching of your Stetson, Alan. I might have to ask Graham to replicate that for me...
The watch is beautiful as well.

Thanks Ale. Like many here, I collected clocks and watches at one time. I finally found a special one that I loved and wore every day pretty much for the last 25 years... until the mainspring broke a few weeks back. So I'm wearing some of the older watches while I wait for the other to come back from repair.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Same linen cap from Bela (Hepville), different getup:

hepville_natural_linen_04_27_12a.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David, that is a fine fedora with classic lines... looks great on you.

Thanks, Alan. I really like to wear my ArtLites.

Nice hat for Friday David. The moss color is great.

Thank you John. Looks like you've had quite a few opportunities to wear that nice Tesi hat so far this year.

Sweet Moss VS Dave.

Cheers, Hatto and Ale. Fine hats for the two of you today as well.

David, Beautiful VS! Really like the dark moss color and over welt!

Thanks Steve. This is a hat I always look forward to getting on my head.

Mario - great look today with the newsboy!

Matt - that Borsalino is just brilliant!

David, Friday is a good day for Art's Hats, especially for the dark Moss.

Thank you, Manfred. Great Panizza for you today.

Jason - super VS for FAWCETT FRIDAY!

David; Ahhh the VS arlite Weston in moss. Man that is a fine looking lid. Love the green.

Thanks, Eric. Great to see that you have your FAWCETT FRIDAY Weston inspired hat today as well.

Alan - that is one nice old Stetson!

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Neo, so you find that to be true about dark hats being warmer? Seems I recall that being refuted a while back.

You know, you may have a point. I haven't considered the difference in felt thickness/weight between the two.

Although it's hard for me to believe that hat color doesn't have a effect on light and heat absorption, as that principle applies to my clothing and even to car paint colors, I also admit that I've done no research on the matter. There may very well be evidence to refute it :).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld