Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bingles

A-List Customer
FedoraFan112390 said:
la1dcd5a37d3c1740d8df22zd6.jpg

I'm on the right. I'm wearing my cheap wool/acrylic stingy brim fedora. I bought it for 5 bucks and it's a herringbone pattern. Not my favorite hat by far.

I have a similar stingy brim from Walmart. I wear it out to the bars (in case some drunk spills something on it) or if I think it's going to rain. Not my favorite, but serves a purpose.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
KeyGrip said:
Git-dang Gene, where did you find those suspenders? :eek:

Ha! This is gettin' good. Folks are PM'n me about this too. What's the info worth to ya'? Just kiddin'!

Ebay seller treborirol. Only $24.00 + $10.00 shipping. Didn't take long for them to arrive and they are well made. Lovin' 'em.

That's the info for the leather ones. They are just called "Tan" I believe, and use the term "scissor snaps" in your search. The seller also has black and braided leather options. Be sure to take a measurement and inform seller of your size as he/she offers options for best fit. Cool huh?

For other regular elastic fabric suspenders which you will no doubt see me wearing I just find them in thrift strores around town and have a lot of them now.

All the best,

G

mingoslim

Practically Family
I would give just about anything for that hat!

HarpPlayerGene said:
A moss green Royal DeLuxe Stetson with wind trolley.
DSC_0073.jpg

That is the Holy Grail of hats in my mind . . .
I have come close, but never quite gotten it myself.

Wonderful . . .
And I like the suspenders too :)

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
"Paddock Green"?..

jimmy the lid said:
Now we're talkin', Gene! With the exception of Mingoslim's sage OR, this is the first green vintage Stetson thin-ribbon I've laid eyes on. It has always been a mystery to me why we don't see more of them. It is a GREAT look! Perfect color for that kind of lid. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Thanks! These old ads are of interest. One show a porkpie bash in a color they call "Paddock Green". The other shows a hat very much like what I own.
1938Stetson.jpg

101279559_o.jpg

This hat came to me in NOS condition and with one of those retailer's three hat boxes as a bonus!
18de_1.jpg

e685_1.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
This hat came to me in NOS condition and with one of those retailer's three hat boxes as a bonus!

That lid came in NOS condition? Oh, man. What a great find, Gene. Just a terrific lid! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
Today was another Royal Stetson in a style eerily like the Playboy although technicallly it isn't since there's no mention of that inside.
DSC_0004-1.jpg

Looks to me very much like a style called "The Wanderer" -- which was essentially a Playboy with narrow edge binding:

51Wanderer.jpg

I love the width of the ribbon on a Playboy, and, the addition of edge binding makes for a great look. Nice lid!

Cheers,
JtL

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
mingoslim said:
That is the Holy Grail of hats in my mind . . .
I have come close, but never quite gotten it myself.

Wonderful . . .
And I like the suspenders too :)
Mingo and Gene...I wonder if the Bluegrass Green Campdraft would resemble that gorgeous lid?[huh]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe