Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
This sweet vintage Panama. Thin and light, plenty of crown too. Great hat ...

4e385b7d-1.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Steve-- You really pull off everyday looks with bowlers, and this one looks great!
Rodkins-- I really like this morning's Borsalino-- especially color and proportion.
Perry-- I was hoping to see this hat again! You've been wearing very stylish ones lately, but this is one of my all-time favorites of yours!
HT-- Good choice! I like these photos even better than the ones you posted yesterday. I think both of your FPs have a real "Southern Gentleman" kind of appearance, and I'm not entirely sure what makes me think that. Congrats again.
Eric-- VERY cool cap. Stay warm!
RLK-- I agree with others on this Flechet: perfection, sublime.
JB-- how much did you cut? I always admire your VS collection, and agree with Al in that you look great in whatever brim width you choose.
Z-- what a hat! how tight is that weave?

Chillier here today, and my Stephen Stetson lord's hat seemed like the only choice. ;)
0023copy.jpg

jbucklin

Practically Family
JB-- how much did you cut? I always admire your VS collection, and agree with Al in that you look great in whatever brim width you choose.

Thanks B-Man (and Al!). I removed about 1/8th of an inch. With sanding it took the sides to approximately 2 3/8", 2 1/2" front and back. When I asked Art to make it for me I sent him a pic of Penman's "Skull" and I'm assuming Art made it according to John's specs. The brim was pretty wide for my tastes. Of course the dimensional brim may have had something to do with how huge it looked on me.

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
That Flechet is what I call the perfect looking black hat. Optimo c&b?

Thanks to all for the enthusiasm regarding the Fléchet

It was done at Optimo. I did a tiny bit of re-flanging between today's photos. Here's a comparison to its original condition with an alternate crease and up-brim to match the photos.

P1040085.JPG
P1040318.JPG

Lumpiness is gone and mildew smell is reduced to a tolerable level.

Last edited:
Al, Manfred, Perry, Jeff, Thanks!

Zetwal, Beautiful vintage Panama!

Jeff, Your Stephen Stetson Lord's hat looks / wears fantastic!

Robert, You just keep pulling jewels from the vault!

jbucklin

Practically Family
Here's a better pic of my VS with its freshly cut brim. It felt strange performing the surgery on one of Art's hats.
e5c6eddd.jpg

Here's a before shot:
ea59cebf.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe