Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To join in the VS Thin Ribbon trend of the day....
VS Custom Natural ArtLite....
Photo-0061.jpg

TipTop

Practically Family
Cheap and Cheerful
Outback "Bathhurst" shovels snow in Bath-on-Hudson. A $60 Chinese Outback hat...er, Outback made 'up north?' Whatever, it works well from their outlet where it was marked down to $40, arrived with a flattened left brim, and they gave me another 50% off. And, I bought the coat at the same time: faux leather and shearling...marked down to $40. Perfect for shoveling and strolling 2 Newfs along the Hudson. (And they really are closer in color than this Fuji F-20 sensor indicates).
15271992-lg.jpg

Last edited:

TipTop

Practically Family
Wowwwwwwwww! :jaw:

Robert, that is so spectacular. I'm already envisioning a narrow version of that in a little darker color for a western I'd like. Its funny, I just finished my first ever leather project tonight. Just a basic mystery knot bracelet for my daughter. That band gives me something to work towards.

B

Buler and Robert,
Coincidentally, after seeing this yesterday, Luke from Ritch Rand Hats called to discuss the rehab of a Churchill I have out there. I mentioned this hat and band and he was very interested in seeing it, as they consider the Boss of Range hat one of their signature pieces. So, I have sent him your shot Robert (with credits) and asked him to work up an estimate to reproduce this strap and buckle system for a Boss hat for me. I much prefer this to the metal D-ring and rivet system they have on their Boss band. I wonder if yours was added at a later date? I'm guessing that is not a Stetson strap...

TipTop

Practically Family
All the thin ribbon VS hats are a treat for the eyes this morning.

Ray, I hope you are enjoying the snow!
Actually David, it was kind of refreshing, since as you may know, this was our first real snow of the season (the only other being around Halloween). I might even get out the XC skis and run the dogs up the river if it doesn't get sloppy warm this afternoon. Just can't think of a fedora for that....

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
verynice.gif

Jauntyone, very classic but super stylish! Perfect Gentleman like!

David, can I call you Snowman! Your Raider seems perfect for the weather! :D

Eric and gtdean, the thin ribbon fraction, both looks great!

Ray, your outback works well! Maybe you can shove snow with the wide brim! ;)

Ray, I just wanted to tease a little bit!

Last edited:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Buler and Robert,
Coincidentally, after seeing this yesterday, Luke from Ritch Rand Hats called to discuss the rehab of a Churchill I have out there. I mentioned this hat and band and he was very interested in seeing it, as they consider the Boss of Range hat one of their signature pieces. So, I have sent him your shot Robert (with credits) and asked him to work up an estimate to reproduce this strap and buckle system for a Boss hat for me. I much prefer this to the metal D-ring and rivet system they have on their Boss band. I wonder if yours was added at a later date? I'm guessing that is not a Stetson strap...
Not from Stetson. Here's the other side.
P1030947.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe