Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Hi, it's been awhile. I wore my modern Open Road today.

IMG_0267.jpg

Manfred, Thanks! I actually found this one in US eBay. The US export models have Vienna / Made in Austria instead of Wien.

3333509476_1c48095a73_b.jpg

Perry, I believe it is from the early 1950s. It's was made for the US market.

scooter

Practically Family
Congrats to all on some fine looking hats.

Steve, I don't know how you do it, but you come up with some of the coolest and most unique hats. You and Robert are in a race!

Not too sound redundant, but looking good, Good!

Thanks to all for the compliments. My bride is definitely the best thing about that photo. I definitely overachieved with her, but had plenty of time to wear down her defenses. I've known her since I was 8 yrs old, when she hit me over the head with her lunchbox!

Congrats to all on some fine looking hats.

Thanks to all for the compliments. My bride is definitely the best thing about that photo. I definitely overachieved with her, but had plenty of time to wear down her defenses. I've known her since I was 8 yrs old, when she hit me over the head with her lunchbox!

And you married her anyway?!!! Nice pic, I love the Aloha shirt with the hat!

at my art show, got paid for my commissioned pieces, the waves painting is one of my commissioned pieces based off a larger version of another waves piece i sold to the owner of the gallery. Definately tired, i did 9 paintings in 5 days, so every piece for my show was painted this week. I wore my Blacksheep Hatworks hat called "The Copperpot". I wanted to share photos from the show, enjoy.

9 in 5... that is some output. Congratulations on your show and thanks for giving us a peek.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Feels like spring here in New Hampshire today. I couldn't resist giving my newly arrived Disney milan a quick test drive.

IMG2896-L.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Alan & Perry. I'd been watching this hat on eBay with a way high BIN price. The seller claimed it was from the 30's but this was based on a shipping label that didn't seem to be related to the hat. I'd guess the hat to be from sometime in the 50's, but I know very little about dating Disney hats.

Anyway, I couldn't stand it after a while and made an offer at a more realistic price. Now it is here and my next plan is to get a nice ribbon to replace the pug.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Lefty. I'm already looking forward to some warm weather - even though we've really not had much of a winter so far.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
JLee - cool retrocam shot of a very cool hat. I see you are enjoying wearing your new OR.

Jared, lovely Photo with the Open Road.

Thanks gents! I am indeed enjoying this hat very much. The original center crease was a little off-center, so I am leaning towards a good clean and re-block, but I am kind of OCD about symmetry in my hats.

And David, that Disney Milan is quite stunning!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
jlee - thanks, I think I'll enjoy wearing the Disney as the weather gets warmer.

Bill - too early here as well to be honest. I switched to my Playboy for the rest of today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82