Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Nice work again today, fellas.
Perry and Eric-- those greens are gorgeous.
Alan, looks like you're looking for some trouble today. ;) Nice hat and coat combo.
Josh-- speak of the devil, that St. Regis conversion is flawless!
BJ-- really enjoying what you've done with that Akubra, too!
Dirk-- looks like that Disney was built for you.
David-- nice to see you enjoying the heck outta that new Stetson! So it's keeping the elongated arrowhead for now?
Salty-- +1 on the Adam ribbon work. The only Adam I've ever owned was a stingy non-vintage, and I could never really get it trained to my headshape, so it's gone.

Speaking of head training, I'm wearing my Lee Blue Label Homburg today. I think it may have been stretched at one point, or just made a tad large. It's not a huge deal, but enough that leaving on wet hair for awhile seemed like a good idea.

002copyn.jpg

BR Gordon

One Too Many
La Chascona, Museo Neruda. This is one of three of Pablo Neruda's homes that have been turned into museums dedicated to Neruda. This one is in the Bellavista neighborhood of Santiago. Pablo Neruda was the national poet of Chile, and he is remembered in much the same way that Hemingway is, friend and compatriot of many of the leftists, artists, and free thinkers of that period of time.

The first is on the street view of the house

It is difficult to get a feeling of the house. It's built on many different levels with small odd shaped rooms. As with most museums, there was no photography allowed inside.

We had to stop for a cafe cortado, very similar to a latte.

On the street in front of the museum as we're walking to get the funicular to the top of Cerro san Cristobal

The funicular, cable car, as it's starting its trip up the tracks

The city from inside the car

Since I only have a couple of hats with me, and to give everyone a break from my face. My wife with my panama as we stopped for a glass of wine.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David,that's absolutely stunning your s100
I agree totally with Manfred!

David; Wow!
David-- nice to see you enjoying the heck outta that new Stetson! So it's keeping the elongated arrowhead for now?

Thanks for the S100 comments, guys. I think I'll be wearing this one a lot!

Jeff, the crease is more of a long oval at the moment - of course, I change it every hour or so!

Eric - I always like to see your Dark Moss VS. Art shipped my hat today so I'm really looking forward to seeing what's in the box!

Dirk - the Disney is a really nice looking hat. Did I see you are getting one of Matt Deckard's hats as well? Good for you, I think they are going to be fantastic hats!

Alan - Buffalo? I don't believe Borsalino had a factory in your town so it is a Buffalo felt hat or just a name?

Salty - I really like your Adam. I think it is a close relative of the one Aureliano sold recently. It took a lot of willpower to not tell him I wanted it - great looking hat!

Jeff - today's is a great look for you. The old hat on wet hair trick really works, doesn't it? I often have to do that with 71/8 hats which are often just a tiny bit big for me.

Red - that's a fantastic conversion. That hat looks as though it was made for you - hmm, I guess it was, after your mods!

Josh - you are the man for Hommie conversions.

Hatto - nice JBS this morning. You're ready for St. Patrick's Day!

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I've been to Santiago many times, I walked by "el monito" in more than one occasion, unfortunately I didn't wear hats or care about them back then :eusa_doh:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Great Akubra John, a hat for a life.

B.J.H, very nice, it looks great.

Alan, my favorite style on you with brim up. Super.

Benz, that new ribbon works very well.

Salty, the Adam, a very fine Hat. It works.

Jeff, Lee in the snow with wet Hair, brrr, but it looks perfect on you

... I've only really taken the 100 off to sleep (oh, ok - to shower too!) since it arrived.

Now I'm going to dream about that image. :eeek: :)

Alan - Buffalo? I don't believe Borsalino had a factory in your town so it is a Buffalo felt hat or just a name?

No buffaloes in this hat... just my feeble attempts at alliterative literature.

Thanks for the nice comments on my brim up Borso guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe