Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shohei

Familiar Face
So many damn fine hats folks!
Bowlerman take care and feel better, you look just fine ;)

I'm breaking in new the last couple of days. Buying without reading here first is a huge mistake I learned!
That said I have them, they are fine by any other standard (and my wife will destroy me if I suddenly start turning my nose up a these!) So in to the rotation they go :)

Yesterday was this BB Grand Beaver (beaver content...??% :)) This one has grown on me,
6692438851_e8afd32176.jpg

6692439207_49f5d7a4b5.jpg

Not pictured was the Disney again for today, at work.
It garnered a few nice comment and may have motivated some one else to have get them selves a lid!

This evening has been this New Dobbs wool felt as it was miserable out and I decided to give it some abuse -- er use.
6692445343_1c56c1f840.jpg

6692445865_5255b697f2.jpg

(apologies for the quality yet again!)
actually my least favorite hat when it arrived i used it to practice bashing in then end that saved it as it softened up and I now like this way, rather than the center it came with.

Cheers!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Great Hats yesterday and today morning.

Alan, the caps fits you very well, nice looking color.

Eric, wonderful hat and stylish to.

Jeff, you are the King of Homburg for me. Very Nice looking hat.

Shohei, your collection grows up. The hairy Beaver is a sharp lid.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Shohei,

Welcome to the Lounge and I think both the hats look like they'd have a place.

The fuzzy beaver is a neat color and certainly is set off with the red scarf.
And I know we tend to thumb our noses at woolies, but they really DO have their place and that one looks good. That's the main thing.

I had two of them, a brown and a black C crown that wore like iron and after I started accumulating some new Akubras for daily wear, I passed them on to a friend and they are still getting worn. Frankly, I saw him wear the brown one with a brown car coat the other day and I thought, that is still a nice looking hat.

Sam

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, everyone, for the kind words! I'm really starting to love these homburgs!
Black has been the color for me the past few days. Had to give my black fedora a spin to last night's rehearsal-- 100X made by DRB. It is a wonderful lid.

Shohei-- those hats look great, and I really dig the BB Grand Beaver! I also made lots of ..."mistakes..." before joining the lounge, but though my BBs are a little stiffer and maybe a little more difficult to work with, they get a lot of noggin' time. I really like 'em!

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I'm off to have my headlights cleaned. (No off-color reference there -- I'm going to one of those shops that polish up your dulled plastic headlights.) It's actually cold here this morning, so, my sheep-rancher coat, jeans and boots, and my new-to-me '50s-era Stetson Open Road bashed into fedora style.

In a world of T-shirts, cheap running shoes, and football jerseys, stride with confidence!

RBH

Bartender
I'm off to have my headlights cleaned. (No off-color reference there -- I'm going to one of those shops that polish up your dulled plastic headlights.) It's actually cold here this morning, so, my sheep-rancher coat, jeans and boots, and my new-to-me '50s-era Stetson Open Road bashed into fedora style.

In a world of T-shirts, cheap running shoes, and football jerseys, stride with confidence!

We need photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe