Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Thanks! It's 7/8 of an inch.

David, Manfred and Perry, Thanks!

Lefty, Your Stetson Nutria Quality looks fantastic! As always super photos! Also congrats on the new pup!

Rodkins, Beautiful ribbon on the Pilgrim. Also like the Whippet.

David, Great color combo on your Stetson 7XCB! Interesting photo angle too.

Perry, The Stetson 3X Mode Edge is super! Charcoal color felt is a favorite of mine.

Bowlerman, Great look! I like the felt color on the Tim Bender Bowler. Also nice to see a stiff hat showing!

GTDean, Thin is in! Super Stetson 25 Corral!

HistoryTeach24, You Borsalino Trino looks great!

Cicero, Great look too! Also made me hungry!
Thanks I finally feel like I have a proper hat worthy of "waht hat are you wearing today" lol. Now I have to wait on my Falcon Park to arrive :(. I need more hats.... lol

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic lids to start the shortened week, David, Mike, and Perry. The indefatigueable morning threesome never disappoints!

We try hard to set the tone for the day, AL! :D

David - I am quite envious of that hat.

Thanks, Mike. I've not seen many of these around, so I was very happy to get this one.
Nice Whippet today.

Great Stetsons Dave and Mike!

Cool Stetson you have for today as well, Hatto!

Best picture yet of that clear beaver, David... that's a smashing hat.

Cheers, Alan. I must say, I enjoying wearing this hat.

+1. Strong start to the week! All three are fantastic. David-- your 7XCB is stunning.

Thanks, Jeff - Mr. Benders bowler is looking good today as well.

Looks good David I like the color.

Thanks, Manfred, much appreciated!

David, Great color combo on your Stetson 7XCB! Interesting photo angle too.

Thanks Steve - this hat is one of my favorites for sure

Stetson Premier Quality Featherweight Derby

10312.jpg

premierderby6.jpg

premierderby9.jpg

JAVIER

Practically Family
I am not a big fan of stingys but JAVIER you wear that one well!!!
Looks good on you!
Thank You! I personally like them, although my taste for wides is growing. What type of hat do you have in your avatar? I just picked up a Dobbs Westward from a fellow lounger, very similar looking to it... I was a little afraid of the look (did not know if it would be to "western") but actually really like it (may or may not change the ribbon, its thin right now).

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Beautiful Featherweight Stetson Derby, Alan. Glad you picked this one up. It looked from the listing photos to be much smaller than the stated size, and from the dimensions provided by the seller it appeared to be close to a 7-1/8 Long Oval in size. How is the fit?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I love the Stetson, Alan. That rare expo liner makes is something special.

Perry and David, those mode edge Stetsons are great. I'm so envious of those CB presentation hats that my skin crawls each time I see one. The day that a 7 1/2 comes up is a day I spend a whole lot of money (or force someone else to spend just a bit more).

Thanks to everyone for the additional compliments. Bowlerman - there's no big story to the wait, just an excited couple who wanted their puppy "now!"

RBH

Bartender
Thank You! I personally like them, although my taste for wides is growing. What type of hat do you have in your avatar? I just picked up a Dobbs Westward from a fellow lounger, very similar looking to it... I was a little afraid of the look (did not know if it would be to "western") but actually really like it (may or may not change the ribbon, its thin right now).

I hope you dont change it as I really liked the way it looked on you. I love the thin ones but do wear a wide one now and again!
As to the one in my avatar... its a Mallory Dallas.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Alan-- very, very nice! That liner stamp almost looks lithographic to me. Or they could be coins.

Javier, I'll restate what I've said before: this guy can really wear a stingy! nice Dobbs 20.

Thanks very much for the comments. I will post some additional pictures of this hat shortly.

Beautiful Featherweight Stetson Derby, Alan. Glad you picked this one up. It looked from the listing photos to be much smaller than the stated size, and from the dimensions provided by the seller it appeared to be close to a 7-1/8 Long Oval in size. How is the fit?

I thought to give you a heads up on this one but I had a funny feeling about the size so I sent a note to the seller asking for dimensions. He wrote back this reply: "Yes, there is no size tag but it's 6.25" W X 8" L. I estimated the size since it fits me." I wrote back that it sounded like a 7 1/8 to me and that he might want to include the dimensions or have a disappointed 7 1/2 buyer, but I don't think he ever added the additional info. I wasn't sure whether to post a note as a heads up to others, or to bid. It didn't seem to garner much interest, so I placed a bid at the last moment. It has both manufacturing labels in the rear and is clearly marked as a 7 1/8... a slightly long fit but very comfortable. I'm glad we didn't duke it out... I was a little worried about that!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I love the Stetson, Alan. That rare expo liner makes is something special.

Perry and David, those mode edge Stetsons are great. I'm so envious of those CB presentation hats that my skin crawls each time I see one. The day that a 7 1/2 comes up is a day I spend a whole lot of money (or force someone else to spend just a bit more).

Thanks to everyone for the additional compliments. Bowlerman - there's no big story to the wait, just an excited couple who wanted their puppy "now!"

Thanks Lefty. I feel very fortunate to have the 7X fedora.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe