Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasselhoff

One of the Regulars
Photodu38184451-11-1036.jpg

Photodu38192219-11-1036.jpg

The Fed IV for a rainy day here in Montreal!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Sounds good I appreciate it! Are they usually labeled playboy on the band or in the liner? So I know if I am getting the real thing?

Stetson Playboy's will say Stetson and Playboy on the leather sweatband. Playboys were/are available in a wide variety of brim sizes. They are not all the same.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Sounds good I appreciate it! Are they usually labeled playboy on the band or in the liner? So I know if I am getting the real thing?
I wouldn't say they come up often but they do come up once in a while. All of the ones I have seen have Playboy on the sweatband. Too bad you are not a 7 1/8 or I could help you out.
Zetwal and I must have been typing at the same time :)

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I wouldn't say they come up often but they do come up once in a while. All of the ones I have seen have Playboy on the sweatband. Too bad you are not a 7 1/8 or I could help you out.
Zetwal and I must have been typing at the same time :)
I appreciate the offer sadly I have a big dome lol. I will keep a watch out. I recently got my first true stetson and am in love with it. You can tell just how well made they are by touch. I can't imagine what a vintage Stetson would be like. Hopefully I can wrangle one of those soon enough.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thanksgiving Feast

My apologies for posting a stream of photos from this past Holiday weekend. It always takes me an eternity, it seems, to review and upload my pictures. I will work on a more detailed post for Fedoras Afield when time permits.

Out for an early morning stroll with my Dad on Thanksgiving, while everyone else slumbered. Early Crofut & Knapp Derby.

The 1892 Merchants National Bank in historic Lowertown, St. Paul, roughly contemporaneous with my lid.

I had a very strong feeling of nostalgia, wearing my oldest hat.

Black Friday morning. In front of the kitchen at Cecil's Deli, St. Paul. '40s Stetson Whippet, Bluegrass.

We generally avoided the major shopping destinations, but could not resist stopping by our favorite REI. Trying on some of the latest offerings from Ibex.

A well earned supper at I NONNI, arguably the best Italian restaurant in the Twin Cities and one of our favorites.

Drizzly and bleak Saturday morning on Nicollet Avenue, Minneapolis. "Eat Street". Pre-'46 Mallory Twelve-Fifty, Snow.

Albert Pike Masonic Lodge No. 237. Hopkins, Minnesota.

Early supper at our favorite Szechuan place in the Twin Cities, Szechuan Spice, in the Lyn-Lake neighborbood of Uptown Minneapolis.

Holiday lights aglitter on Lyndale Avenue.

Last edited:

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Stepping out Saturday evening for the concert. '20s Mallory Derby.

Orchestra Hall, Minneapolis. The Minnesota Orchestra's fully staged production of Hansel And Gretel, by the seldom played but brilliant German composer(not to be confused with the pop singer) Englebert Humperdinck, was absolutely ravishing.

Night view of downtown Minneapolis from the skyway adjoining Orchestra Hall.

Antiquing with Mom, Dad, Lydia and Ryan on a cold Sunday afternoon. Optimo Silverbelly.

My dear Mom was behind the lens on this shot.

Trophy, vintage Dorado skin mount by the pioneering and legendary Pflueger Taxidermy of Hallandale, Florida. Not the biggest catch of the day for me.

Probably '40s Borsalino "Angora", spotted by Ryan sitting on a hat stand. He is developing quite the eye for vintage lids.

The price tag landed on my sweater in the excitement of discovering that the long-haired Borsalino actually fits. My cup runneth over. I cannot recall a more memorable Thanksgiving spent with my loved ones. The hats were for me the cranberry to turkey, the whipped cream on Mother's pumpkin pie.

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Al! What an amazing assortment! All great lids. If anyone can wear a derby with aplomb, it's you in that C&K! :eusa_clap Bravo!

It is nice here-- let us go and gather wood for the fire! Was the MO's Humperdinck fully staged or staged at all?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
About town in my VS this afternoon.

Good day folks. Finally back in town and running duties/errands and hatted in my Fawcett VS. I stopped in at our local coffee shop to read the paper and muse about the upcoming athletic schedule.

Photo-on-2011-11-29-at-1148-3-M.jpg

Another VS day - most days, since receiveing my newer hat, I am wearing my VS at some time. Yes I am getting wear in my other fedoras. Today is no exception. While I am captured by my VS mid day, I did my morning chores in my OR (grey), this evening (an evening concert) it is my buckskin Adam Executive (packed in a box on the backseat of my auto).

Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Where to start? Oh so many great hats shown the past few days on this thread. A thumbs up to the plethora!! I am hesitant to list details as I enjoyed sooo many.

Boy you fellows wear fedoras well.

Best wishes, Eric

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Great photos, Al and fantastic Borsalino find!

Too windy for a brim today so City Sport "Fashionable Vichy" cap from Belgium
P1030247.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe