Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTopenroad

One of the Regulars
Wearing my Stetson 25

Stetson25Oct192011003.jpg
Stetson25Oct192011005.jpg

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A, as usual I like your choice of lids,but you always look so damn serious ,more or less menacing in a way,
Nothing personal just saying

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great day for hats here today.

Mr Dean - love that Borsalino. Makes me want to track down a skinny ribbon example for myself.

Rodkins, that Westlite is a stunner.

SBG - you look as though you are ready for the snow today. I like your afternoon caramel hat too.

Aureliano - I don't recall seeing that Borsalino before. Great colours that really go well with your shirt.

Bob B - super Silverbelly you have there.

jwalls - I love the Silver Jack. Fabulous hat.

JT - great 25. Lot of good silver hats today.

Last edited:

EggHead

Practically Family
While you guys have a drill, we had a real one just now.

My new silverbelly fedora at work. The tie is a map of the California coast with a red line indicating the San Andreas Fault. Today is The Great California ShakeOut and 8.6 million Californians will be participating in the largest earthquake drill in history.

Oops! Time to go! ShakeOut begins at 10:20 AM!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
People tend to tell me I look scary. [huh]

My interpretation has been simply Uber-cool. However, the Uranio color of that Borso does add an element of... business...
Nice lids lately, Ale!

This goes for the rest of you as well-- the silver belly VS, the Stetson 25, jwalls' "silver jack" and that white homburg! Nice work everyone.

Bob Beecher

One of the Regulars
Good job, guys. What is your silverbelly hat, Bob, that's very nice.

Nice hat Bob. what is the make? is that the original ribbon?
I like the looks of it.

It's a contemporary hat from Miller Hats. Checking under the sweat for clues.... a label that says "Custom Made in USA" and the size "8- 64". Another computer-printed label: "Style: 11238 Color: SPEC SIL BEL". There's also an embroidered tag glued to the inside of the sweat that peeks out "www.millerhats.com". I'm guessing that it's the original ribbon, too.

The sweat is also stamped at the front: "5X GENUINE FUR FELT" and has their name and 800 number on the side of the sweat. I tried to search their site for that style number, but came up empty.

I know they sell hats by various manufacturers, but where do the hats come from that simply bear their name?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
It's a contemporary hat from Miller Hats. Checking under the sweat for clues.... a label that says "Custom Made in USA" and the size "8- 64". Another computer-printed label: "Style: 11238 Color: SPEC SIL BEL". There's also an embroidered tag glued to the inside of the sweat that peeks out "www.millerhats.com". I'm guessing that it's the original ribbon, too.

The sweat is also stamped at the front: "5X GENUINE FUR FELT" and has their name and 800 number on the side of the sweat. I tried to search their site for that style number, but came up empty.

I know they sell hats by various manufacturers, but where do the hats come from that simply bear their name?

I don't have any particularly informed knowledge of this, but my first thought was "that looks like a Beaver Brand" given the felt color, ribbon color, ribbon stitching and feather, to a tee. I've suspected on many occasions that BB ends up as the house brand for a number of retailers. River Junction comes to mind, as well as a retailer recently mentioned by someone in the bowler/derby thread. Perhaps Miller is one of them too?

Here are some shots of my silver belly and sand BBs for comparsion; both came with the exact feather you have in your hat, though I imagine feathers don't really lend much to felt sleuthing.

029r.jpg

newhatalogue123copy.jpg

newhatalogue125.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe