Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Fall Harvest

While our farmers are preoccupied with the harvest this Autumn, I have been busy as well. My luck in finding nice vintage lids that fit my 7-1/2 melon continued yet again this past weekend.

Early Saturday morning, with the sun still low in the eastern sky. '40s Stetson Whippet. Undersized and overpriced.

Exquisite '40s Stetson Royal DeLuxe St. Regis. Near pristine condition save for a few smudges on the binding. Resistol box was sadly empty.

Big hat with a bargain price.

Back outside in the glorious sunshine. Barbisio Lugano on my noggin. Lee Blue Label Trinity in hand, and Portis SUPER-LUX on top of the Lee box.

Strong incandescent light washes out the violet undertone of the Portis.

The Lee Trinity has a beautiful factory block and wind trolley.

Back at Orchestra Hall Saturday evening, this time in the audience. Royal Hat Works.

Savoring the Fall colors and Indian Summer weather yesterday. Optimo Silverbelly.

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
My apologies for being absent around the lounge this weekend. I had my 1st cousin Amber's wedding this weekend. I decided to wear the 3 piece suit that I recently got from ebay that is fairly modern but is almost and exact replica of many of James Cagney's early 30's suits. I also decided to wear one of my late 20's hats as well. Here's two pictures of me that were taken at the wedding. It was held in Hyde Park in Chicago. It was a very cold day on Saturday, but the wedding and the park was beautiful right by the Lake.

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
My apologies for being absent around the lounge this weekend. I had my 1st cousin Amber's wedding this weekend. I decided to wear the 3 piece suit that I recently got from ebay that is fairly modern but is almost and exact replica of many of James Cagney's early 30's suits. I also decided to wear one of my late 20's hats as well. Here's two pictures of me that were taken at the wedding. It was held in Hyde Park in Chicago. It was a very cold day on Saturday, but the wedding and the park was beautiful right by the Lake.

Suit looks great Josh! I think I recognize that hat.

B

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Suit looks great Josh! I think I recognize that hat.

;)
This is still one of my favorite hats, Bill. It almost never leaves the safety of my home, but this was a super special occasion, so what better way to celebrate a special occasion than with a special hat. Thanks again for letting me relocate the hat from Milwaukee to Chicago. :)

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Is Minnesota the garden of eden for hat trees? This is unbelievable!

Glorious hats and pictures... I hope you took them all home.

...or the Land Of 10,000 Paul Bunyan Sized Hats! lol

Thanks, Alan! I think it is just pure luck, this unbelievable run I have had since Labor Day. Lydia keeps reminding me that I have picked up 11 vintage lids since then. In my defence they have all been incredible bargains, from $2 to $50, some with box, and all save three fit me!

I passed on the Whippet, as it was priced too high for a size 7 example, I thought, to even try and haggle on price, and when we went back on Sunday to see if the seller would be willing to deal he had already left, hat unsold no doubt. Brought the other three lids home, though. :D

I second that. It MUST BE. Al, you have found some incredible hats lately. Congrats!!!!!

Thank you, Josh! Keeping my eyes peeled for my lounge friends, but unfortunately I have not come across any smaller, pre 1940s lids that I know you have a hankering for.

+1

Luckily, I'm only one state away.....

B

Oh cr*p, I left the door to the chicken coop wide open for the fox! lol

Thanks, buler! My humble weekend haul is Little League ball compared with your long history in the Majors! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe