Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
A splendid looking Panama, Lefty! I thought it appeared to be a fine Montecristi, but wasn't completely certain as it looks like it could also be a very nice, lightweight felt fedora. Great block by Art, as usual.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Flew in from Bozeman, MT in my All-American.

This morning we left Bozeman, MT in 60' weather (overcast w/wind) and flew buffeted by rising heat waves to the Twin Cities.

Photo%20on%202011-06-06%20at%2011.34.jpg

I wore my Lee All American, grey fedora. Required head phones are now behind the head over the ear fancy, dancy things. They are way more comfortable than the older big head phones that you use to communicate to the ground. The Lee allowed me to cover my head, shade my eyes and be very comfortable. Much more comfortable than the "Rocking R Bar" ball cap that I have used for years on this commute.

Photo%20on%202011-06-06%20at%2011.35%202.jpg

Photo%20on%202011-06-06%20at%2011.35%203.jpg

The Lee model, All American, is not a premium model by this oldy company. The lighter weight felt, pliable brim, and easy wear characteristics make it a very easy wear. The liner is clean, the leather band is wider than my other All Americans and very comfortable. The Lee models in my size vary in size/fit, up to 1/2 inch. This one fits excellent. The hat now needs some steam as the rain this morning "lumped up" the body. No worries mate, just a temp. situation.

The gray color has a minty green hint to it. The grey can look cool or even coordinate with warmer toned attire easily. Versatile. It is changing my opinion about wearing grey. My hair, what small amount is left, is grey, so I need to get good with grey!

Thanks for allowing me to share my All-American.

On the ground sipping coffee, Eric -

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Alan, the felt and ribbon on your new Mallory go together really well.

I was happy to get my panama from Tom-n-Perris today, just in time for a warm spell

photo-70-L.jpg

T Rick

Practically Family
This morning we left Bozeman, MT in 60' weather (overcast w/wind) and flew buffeted by rising heat waves to the Twin Cities.

Photo%20on%202011-06-06%20at%2011.34.jpg

I wore my Lee All American, grey fedora. Required head phones are now behind the head over the ear fancy, dancy things. They are way more comfortable than the older big head phones that you use to communicate to the ground. The Lee allowed me to cover my head, shade my eyes and be very comfortable. Much more comfortable than the "Rocking R Bar" ball cap that I have used for years on this commute.

Photo%20on%202011-06-06%20at%2011.35%202.jpg

Photo%20on%202011-06-06%20at%2011.35%203.jpg

The Lee model, All American, is not a premium model by this oldy company. The lighter weight felt, pliable brim, and easy wear characteristics make it a very easy wear. The liner is clean, the leather band is wider than my other All Americans and very comfortable. The Lee models in my size vary in size/fit, up to 1/2 inch. This one fits excellent. The hat now needs some steam as the rain this morning "lumped up" the body. No worries mate, just a temp. situation.

The gray color has a minty green hint to it. The grey can look cool or even coordinate with warmer toned attire easily. Versatile. It is changing my opinion about wearing grey. My hair, what small amount is left, is grey, so I need to get good with grey!

Thanks for allowing me to share my All-American.

On the ground sipping coffee, Eric -

That is a wonderful looking hat! Just a bit OT, but what are you flying? Any chance of a hat pic that includes the plane?

Far out of currency myself, I need a Biennial (and a good bit of review and dual prior to that I suspect). Need to get back in the air! And my David Clarks certainly won't accommodate a Fedora, I think I'll be stuck with ball caps in the cockpit for now, but what you're using sounds very cool.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
T Rick; Thanks for taking a look sir.

My brother and I have a 2000 Beechcraft 58 Baron(white/blue trim). It is reliable, loaded with avionics, great flying characteristics, and great range. I will have to remember to take a hat pic when before inspection. The custom earpieces, and boom bar really rock compared to the "head pieces" that have sqeezed my head for years.

Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Al. I have taken a lesson from you and a couple other regulars on the forum and have been trying to include more detail and impressions. If you see anything that informed members would enjoy, yell back.

Stay as cool and comfortable as possible in the heat, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
DJH, I do like that cool lid on your noggin! The natural color, general size, shape really are complimented with the styling color ribbon. Daring color and you make it work. Congrats, I like your style in felt and panama.

Eric -

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Hey Eric, thanks for the nice observations. I'm still new to wearing hats and exploring styles that I enjoy is a big part of the fun!

Going to be nice and warm in NH today: good day to wear this new hat

smugshot203395-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82